1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. This forum is for support and discussion only. Please promote test prep materials/services (including AMAs) in the Special Offers subforum only. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Which 1001 EK books to get / CBTs

Discussion in 'MCAT: Medical College Admissions Test' started by 229141, Dec 24, 2008.

1. 229141

Pre-Medical
    So far I have:

-AAMC Tests (all) ($245)
    -EK complete study package ($110)
    -Kaplan premier study book w/e it's called ($70)
    -BR physics and gen chem ($100 total)
    -7 practice exams from BR ($200)

So I've dished out like $725 so far and this will obviously keep me busy for a bit..but what else should I look to get? I'm not taking any class so I'm fine with spending 1000 give or take. I'd really like more practice exams/questions. I was thinking about getting-

EK 1001 physics and gen chem ($50 total)
    EK 101 Verbal ($25)

*Want to find a few more full length CBT's...any idea where I can buy more good ones? Thanks!

2. NeuroChaos

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Thats an extensive list, and shoudl be good for practice.

Ek 101 VR is definte. Ek 1001 bio is pretty good as well. 1001, phy, cehm and orgo, are not much useful. They are good if you want to drill in on concepts, but they are in no way mcat like. They are basically practice for each of the concepts tested. So its ur call. I went through all 1001s and I thought they were pretty useful.
    I c u already have BR physics and cehm. in that case 1001 phy and chem may not be necessary.
    More CBTS: try the sales/wnated forum, sometimes ppl are selling and you can get a good deal sometimes.

Good Luck!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. 229141

Pre-Medical
    Thanks for the advice! I'll get that 101 VR book and maybe get the other ones if I see them cheap online :D. Got about 6 months to go..time to get pumped up! LOL

4. Mace1370

Physician 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I'll second the EK 101 verbal passages book. Its passages were the closest thing to the real thing, IMO.