1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Which AAMC full lengths are the best?

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by qweewq11, Jul 24, 2002.

1. qweewq11

qweewq11 Smiley orgy organizer
    7+ Year Member

I've heard that certian AAMC full length tests are really old and not as good as others.

Does anyone have recommendations as to which are the best to do? I will probably only be able to finish 3 prior to the real MCAT, so I'd like to take the best three!

TIA! :clap:

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. phatty925

phatty925 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

the best three are probably 4,5, and 6. i know that most people got the same score on aamc 6 and the real mcat. take aamc 6 the saturday before the mcat...that's what i'm doing.
    good luck!

4. missbonnie

missbonnie floating
    10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    AAMC 1 and 2 are old and should be used as practice only (th2 is way too calculation intesive, and 1 has botnay on it I beleive).

AAMC 3-6 are good tests. 6 was from 2001 so it's pretty recent.

4,5,6 are the best in my opinion. I got the same score as aamc 6 on the real mcat this yr, same breakdown as well.

-bonnie

5. Mudd

Mudd Charlatan & Trouble Maker
    7+ Year Member

Test #1 was never actually given. It was written in 1990 to give people taking the new MCAT in 1991 an idea of what to expect on the new MCAT.

Test #2 is outdated, and the PS passages emphasize math and memorization. The verbal section is far too easy. However, the BS section is worth doing if you can find it.

Test #6 to me seems too easy. The first five PS passages can be done in about twnety minutes, without needing the passages. It isn't until passage VI that the passage is necessary, and even then it's only for reference in some logic test. This seems like a better fit for the LSAT logic games section. The BS section is pretty good, with many experiments. The questions on the verbal section seemed fair to easy.

For my money, tests 3, 4, and 5 are the best way too go. Hard enough to keep you on your toes, but great curves by which to judge your performance.