Which airport do you think is the worst?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Which airport is the worst?

• LAX

Votes: 26 21.8%
  • LaGuardia

Votes: 19 16.0%
  • JFK

Votes: 10 8.4%
  • O'Hare

Votes: 28 23.5%
  • Newark

Votes: 19 16.0%
  • Other - please post

Votes: 17 14.3%

• Total voters

Guero

2QT2Bcis Plaidapus
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Simple enough! We started this debate in the c/o 2017 thread and felt it'd be interesting if we surveyed the community. Have fun!

Members don't see this ad.

O-Hare. Food court is only in one terminal. Also, it's always super busy and people somehow forget how to walk without running into other individuals.

As for the best? MSP, but I'm biased.

Heathrow.

Sent from my iPad using SDN Mobile app.

Members don't see this ad :)
Midway

Sent from my Galaxy S2

I guess I will quote myself from the class thread since it really is relevant here.

My vote if for LAX.

I had a connecting flight there and we had to land at a different terminal than planned. I ended up being on the exact opposite side of the airport and had to run out of the terminal, around the giant loop because the buses were not running at 1 AM, into the other area and through security. My flight departed at 2:30 AM. I barely made it.

WORST EXPERIENCE EVER! I never fly into LAX anymore because of that.

LAX. LAX. LAX. LAX. Maybe it is just because I had to fly into/out of LAX for most of my interviews but that place is a circus! Traffic all hours of the day. All the terminals are separate so if you need to go from terminal to terminal you have to go through security. You are lucky if your terminal has decent food or shops. For international flights the place is chaos. The airport(not the airlines) has lost my luggage going through checked baggage screening. Ug. Too bad it is generally cheaper/has a better selection than John Wayne/Ontario/Long Beach.

O-Hare. Food court is only in one terminal. Also, it's always super busy and people somehow forget how to walk without running into other individuals.

Another vote for Chicago O-Hare. Stuff of nightmares...

Members don't see this ad :)
LAX. LAX. LAX. LAX. Maybe it is just because I had to fly into/out of LAX for most of my interviews but that place is a circus! Traffic all hours of the day. All the terminals are separate so if you need to go from terminal to terminal you have to go through security. You are lucky if your terminal has decent food or shops. For international flights the place is chaos. The airport(not the airlines) has lost my luggage going through checked baggage screening. Ug. Too bad it is generally cheaper/has a better selection than John Wayne/Ontario/Long Beach.

Indeed.

Yup, Boston's airport is the same way.

going through customs in Miami was easily the worst travel experience i've ever had

Philadelphia. I've only flown into/out of it a couple times, but once I was so delayed at security I just about missed my flight, and the other time they kept delaying to the point that I spent over 24 hours in the airport just trying to get home.

I have also had a rough time flying out of Dulles International in DC. ugh

Sorry ladies and gentlemen, but ATL is by far the worst airport in the world!!!!

Midway is fantastic if you're in Chicago. The airport is practically all Southwest Airlines though.

Newark was pretty bad the last time I was there. We waited forever in order to gain takeoff clearance.

Airport....out of all the ones....Miami International...ugh!

Airport....out of all the ones....Miami International...ugh!
Huh, never thought Miami would be so heavily represented. I had no issues there at all. Although, it was indeed freaking huge since it's such an INTNL hub.

Miami International definitely........going through customs is such a freaking nightmare. I spent more than an hour in the line just to get to passport control and another 30 getting through Customs. Hate that place man.

Huh, never thought Miami would be so heavily represented. I had no issues there at all. Although, it was indeed freaking huge since it's such an INTNL hub.

The actual airport isn't too bad(Cuban coffee FTW :D)...but the times I went there, rude staff, and like mentioned....Customs! They always elect to go through your bags and ask about every single thing as if you are Fidel in the flesh! Lesson learned: When going out of the country, return back somewhere else!

The actual airport isn't too bad(Cuban coffee FTW :D)...but the times I went there, rude staff, and like mentioned....Customs! They always elect to go through your bags and ask about every single thing as if you are Fidel in the flesh! Lesson learned: When going out of the country, return back somewhere else!

apparently small blonde girls are the new favorites for drug mules -_- yes they actually said that when they practically detained me

apparently small blonde girls are the new favorites for drug mules -_- yes they actually said that when they practically detained me

Blame Hollywood for that :smuggrin:

LoL, I can just see you angrily replying, "Look officer, I swear I have nothing on or in me: My anus is strictly exit-only!" I can't believe they said that to you.

I've never had a problem with LAX...I actually think it's not that bad

SFO is definitely one of the best. Free WIFI ftw.

Des Moines airport is da worst. So packed.

Sacramento and John Wayne are objectively the two best airports in the US of A. Objectively.

Sacramento? Really cause I've had more issues with that airport more than any other. Mostly cause I've used it more than other airport

And John Wayne is great, just wish the prices were better

Sacramento? Really cause I've had more issues with that airport more than any other. Mostly cause I've used it more than other airport

And John Wayne is great, just wish the prices were better

Really? I've never had a problem with it. It's brand new, tons of restaurants and bars, no people, and always has a really fast-moving security line. I don't think it's ever taken me more than 10 minutes to get through security, and I was there probably close to 20 times last year (I had to travel a decent amount for my job).

MSP is very good. It has to be up there with other top international airports,