Which anatomy book to study

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medstudent995

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I studied baby snell and it was useless ....... which anatomy book is better especially in thorax and abdomen.

Members don't see this ad.

Grants dissector, netters atlas, maybe Rohens atlas.

Reactions: 1 user
visible body 3d modeling >>>>>>>>>>>>>> all others

(coming from someone that owns gray's, rohens, grants, & netter)

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks first of all
I guss i will choose netter atlas
Last question ....... my friend gave me grey's anatomy for students is it good or what ?

I like Thieme/Gilroy.

Reactions: 3 users
Baby snell sounds so cute. I used Gray's combined with Netter. Enjoyed that combination for abdomen.

Reactions: 1 user
+1 for Thieme. Awesome illustrations.

Reactions: 2 users
study by spending quality time in lab and understanding relationship of structures (OINAs make much more sense then), reading blue boxes in Moores, and doing all questions in Pretest/BRS --> you're set

I hated Netter. The illustrations were too picture perfect and the body is anything but. It was also so busy when Rohen just had the numbers in the photo with the key off to the side. I liked Grant's for the tables and Rohen for studying outside of lab. It was also convenient to look at during lab when you were trying to distinguish what was what artery and nerve down in the pelvis. I used it a lot for last minute review of structures right before the practical.

Lots of Thieme love.

I was a huge fan of the Netter, BRS, Grays Clinical Review combo. I liked learning everything in Netter with clear pictures and applying on the cadaver. I'm one of the people that absolutely loved anatomy lab though.

The UMich website is solid for quizzing yourself too, in case you haven't checked it out.

visible body 3d modeling >>>>>>>>>>>>>> all others

(coming from someone that owns gray's, rohens, grants, & netter)
I didn't have this app during MS1/MS2 but bought it in MS3 just for the heck of it and.... wow.. yeah. Really wish I had in early med school.

Agree with DrEnderW that the UMich website is very good.

IMO, the best way to learn anatomy is to have a good professor, tank instructor, or classmate teach it to you at the tank.

I didn't have this app during MS1/MS2 but bought it in MS3 just for the heck of it and.... wow.. yeah. Really wish I had in early med school.

Agree with DrEnderW that the UMich website is very good.

IMO, the best way to learn anatomy is to have a good professor, tank instructor, or classmate teach it to you at the tank.
which app?

I like using Visual Body Atlas to learn muscles and first pass for other structures. I use the iPad app and learn the basics on the bus ride to school.