Which book would the the best for....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Genefreak

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So just got the MCAT Kaplan prep book and I am bit disappointed as there is not a question set after each unit.In order for me to know whether or not I have understood the material, I fell I need to practice some questions based on the content. I ordered some of the Ek 1001 series, but I haven't received them yet. I was wondering in the books, are the questions randomly arranged or are they arranged based on units or topics in which case I would be able to use it in conjunction with the Kaplan book.

Also are there any MCAT books in which there are question-sets for every unit/topic covered.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

EK 1001 is arranged by topics; however, they can't replace actual passage practice. Both BR and TPRH Science Workbooks are good sources for practice passages.

I second SN2ed's TPR and TBR recommendations. Kaplan material is great to read as a refresher or a review. But by no means is it comprehensive with passages etc.

Passages, passages, passages... practice them.

So just got the MCAT Kaplan prep book and I am bit disappointed as there is not a question set after each unit.In order for me to know whether or not I have understood the material, I fell I need to practice some questions based on the content. I ordered some of the Ek 1001 series, but I haven't received them yet. I was wondering in the books, are the questions randomly arranged or are they arranged based on units or topics in which case I would be able to use it in conjunction with the Kaplan book.

Also are there any MCAT books in which there are question-sets for every unit/topic covered.

Thanks

This is a hybrid list from the ones I found posted by SDN uberposters.

Physics Content
-(1)BR Physics book (newest one is best)
-(2)Nova Physics book
-(3)TPRH Physics book
Physics Passages and Questions
-(1)BR Physics Passages
-(2)EK 1001 Physics
-(3)TPRH Science Workbook
-(4)Kaplan Online (Topicals, Section Tests, Quizzes, etc.)

Chemistry Content
-(1)BR Chemistry book
Chemistry Passages and Questions
-(1)BR Chemistry Passages
-(2)TPRH Science Workbook
-(3)Kaplan Online (Topicals, Section Tests, Quizzes, etc.)
-(4)EK 1001 Chemistry

Organic Chemistry Content
-(1)BR Organic Chemistry book (if you need some review)
-(2)EK Organic Chemistry book (if you know O Chem well)
Organic Chemistry Passages and Questions
-(1)BR Orgo Passages
-(2)TPRH Science Workbook
-(3)Kaplan Online (Topicals, Section Tests, Quizzes, etc.)
-(4)EK 1001 Organic

Biology Content
-(1)EK Biology book
-(2)TPRH Biology book
-(3)BR biology book
Biology Passages and Questions
-(1)TPRH Science Workbook
-(2)TBR Bio
-(3)EK Bio 1001
-(4)Kaplan Online (Topicals, Section Tests, Quizzes, etc.)

Verbal Passages and Content
-(1)EK 101 Passages
-(2)TPRH Verbal Workbook (close second)

FLs:
(1)AAMC #7-11
(2)Kaplan #1-6 or (2) BR #1-7
(4) GS 1-10