Which calculus class to take to fulfill pre req?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

spoog74

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys !

Quick question;;

Which calculus class do i take to fulfill the calculus pre req requirement? Im askng because we have a 2 semester calculus called calculus differentiation/ integration and 3 semester calculus course... They say the 2 semester calculus is much faster in pace but the 3 semester is slower. For example, the 2 semestr classes are codes 151 and 152 but 3 semester is 141, 142 and 143. Is it ok if i take 141 and then statistics to fulfill 1 year of math? IN ADDITION, there are 2 classes that are 201 and 201 btu they are called just CALCULUS nothing with differentiation or integration...

Which one is the one i should be taking ?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I would take whatever course you think you will do well in. the 2 semester one sounds fancy and will look good on you're transcript as well. Take that if you can handle the fast pace. You know best bc I can't judge your math background.

hey guys !

Quick question;;

Which calculus class do i take to fulfill the calculus pre req requirement? Im askng because we have a 2 semester calculus called calculus differentiation/ integration and 3 semester calculus course... They say the 2 semester calculus is much faster in pace but the 3 semester is slower. For example, the 2 semestr classes are codes 151 and 152 but 3 semester is 141, 142 and 143. Is it ok if i take 141 and then statistics to fulfill 1 year of math? IN ADDITION, there are 2 classes that are 201 and 201 btu they are called just CALCULUS nothing with differentiation or integration...

Which one is the one i should be taking ?

Only a handful of schools want stats + Calc 1. Take the easiest version of Calc 1 that your school offers. There is no such thing as a fancier form of Calculus that will make you stand out against other applicants. Getting a B- in the fancy calc class will lower your sGPA and ultimately make you look worse than taking the easier calculus, getting an A in it and boosting your sGPA.

D-schools dont care what type of calc it is as long as the title has the words Calculus in it.

Members don't see this ad :)