Which car you bringing to medical school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
personally, I think the m6 is one of the ugliest cars in the BMW stable up there w/ the x3 and x5. Out of those 3, I'd get the SL55. Since E39 > E60 M5, maybe you can find another one? And lastly, sticking with the sedans, have you seen the '08 M3 4 door?

Members don't see this ad.

GO WITH THE VIPER!!!

and if you want a super fast, stylish and luxurious sedan then you have to consider the E63 AMG or E55 AMG.

i love the E63, i just don't think they did an upgrade to the engine when they replaced it from the 55 AMG... i feel that the car could do better. I dunno.

BUT, the 63 is a great engine for the CLK and C Class thats for sure.

This is what I just got a month ago, but in blue. :love: 2008 Honda Civic. I drove from San Francisco to San Diego on 1 tank of gas (about 500 miles)! Gotta love that! ;)
Civics are the BEST cars. I'm looking at a couple of them right now. My next car will either be a Civic or something in a totally different direction. A truck. :)

That looks like a '01, Tex. I'm bringing one of the same (SE7) I think. I can't stand the new square LR body styles - the older "safari" style Disco IIs are the way to go. Classic and capable, like Jeep Wranglers. :thumbup:
Land Rovers rock...I looked at 'em when I bought my last vehicle a few years ago. It was a bit more money than I wanted to spend. But they truly are amazing vehicles.

Members don't see this ad :)
Civics are the BEST cars. I'm looking at a couple of them right now. My next car will either be a Civic or something in a totally different direction. A truck. :).

Ohh get a civic, then we can be twins at DCOM. ;) (FiFi's gonna hate me for trying to steal you again)! :laugh:

Ohh get a civic, then we can be twins at DCOM. ;) (FiFi's gonna hate me for trying to steal you again)! :laugh:

Yes. Y'all are crackin' me up. Apps haven't even opened yet and I already have an acceptance to DCOM and NOVA. Sweet!

i love the E63, i just don't think they did an upgrade to the engine when they replaced it from the 55 AMG... i feel that the car could do better. I dunno.

BUT, the 63 is a great engine for the CLK and C Class thats for sure.

The E63 definitely feels different. Having driven both I'd say the E63 is more refined and although its faster than the E55, it has less torque and doesn't push you back in your seat as much. But the E55 is supercharged so you can easily get more power from it through a few mods (pulley, etc). Either way, the E55 and E63 are two of the fastest production sedans.

BTW, your old M5 is a beauty and I would probably take it over the new M6.

The E63 definitely feels different. Having driven both I'd say the E63 is more refined and although its faster than the E55, it has less torque and doesn't push you back in your seat as much. But the E55 is supercharged so you can easily get more power from it through a few mods (pulley, etc). Either way, the E55 and E63 are two of the fastest production sedans.

BTW, your old M5 is a beauty and I would probably take it over the new M6.

Thats the thing, other than a few magazines claiming it to be faster, I haven't really seen it produce better numbers than the E55. Thats why I am disappointed with the E63, and at the fact that the e60 M5 seems to pull on the E55 and E63 pretty easily after 90mph. I guess maybe gearing (7spd) and the v10 helps its top end.

Thats the thing, other than a few magazines claiming it to be faster, I haven't really seen it produce better numbers than the E55. Thats why I am disappointed with the E63, and at the fact that the e60 M5 seems to pull on the E55 and E63 pretty easily after 90mph. I guess maybe gearing (7spd) and the v10 helps its top end.

Maybe at top end speeds but for everyday driving under 90mph I'm more worried about acceleration and 1/4 mile times. Just choose a fast car so I can have someone to race in my 12 second truck:D

Maybe at top end speeds but for everyday driving under 90mph I'm more worried about acceleration and 1/4 mile times. Just choose a fast car so I can have someone to race in my 12 second truck:D

what you got? Srt-10?

what you got? Srt-10?

Yup, the yellow truck in my avatar. I've got a bunch of stuff done to it...150 shot nitrous, methanol injection, chipped, headers, exhaust, etc.

I think we took over this thread with our in-depth car talk haha

saw a c63 outside my work a few weeks ago. that panoramic moon roof is off the hook

Amigo.jpg

Familiathedudepart.jpg

you know the saying....it's a jeep thing, you wouldn't understand......
well, it's probably true.

Members don't see this ad :)
saw a c63 outside my work a few weeks ago. that panoramic moon roof is off the hook

that car is amazing!!!! i like it, fast, but i think brand new its going to be outrageously expensive with the markups and all.

Amigo.jpg

Familiathedudepart.jpg

you know the saying....it's a jeep thing, you wouldn't understand......
well, it's probably true.
awesome, i got my first jeep a year ago, an unlimited a few months ago, and i can never go back to anything else. i love jeeps.

awesome, i got my first jeep a year ago, an unlimited a few months ago, and i can never go back to anything else. i love jeeps.

yeaahh i love them, ever since i was 5... had my jeep since end of my junior year in hs like 4 years ago this summer. errr something to that effect, i may get a second vehicle due to crappy gas prices. not sure yet...as i'm sure you know, school is kinda expensive to tend to and is taking a toll on my funds, also renting houses sucks as well as bills.

Yup, the yellow truck in my avatar. I've got a bunch of stuff done to it...150 shot nitrous, methanol injection, chipped, headers, exhaust, etc.

I think we took over this thread with our in-depth car talk haha

i'm following you guys, just reading. i'm big on cars too, but unfortunately i don't have the cash to play with the big boys. but this guy has a few upgrades and is good on gas, i'll be bringing it with me to NYCOM, my '04 RSX:

IMG_3142copy.jpg

I'll be driving my black 2002 Nissan Altima 3.5 to NYCOM. Back when she was new, the 240 ponies were enough to put my head in the headrest and to take 80% of other newbs on the road (not that I would ever street race....). Unfortunately, time and having no garage at home or work have taken their toll cosmetically on her in the form of scratches, being keyed up and not to mention rear-ended twice, once by an SUV (with no serious damage believe it or not).

And yet I still love the car. There aren't any major mods on it besides cross drilled/slotted rotors up front and some neon lighting on the inside. The 12" Alpine Type R makes a great companion for driving and is sure to keep me awake on those drives home after a long day of studying.

PS: Nice car serbatron. Clean and classy. You're taking me for a ride. People don't like riding in my car. "Turn the bass down I can't hear myself think."

i'm following you guys, just reading. i'm big on cars too, but unfortunately i don't have the cash to play with the big boys. but this guy has a few upgrades and is good on gas, i'll be bringing it with me to NYCOM, my '04 RSX:

K-series! :D

yeaahh i love them, ever since i was 5... had my jeep since end of my junior year in hs like 4 years ago this summer. errr something to that effect, i may get a second vehicle due to crappy gas prices. not sure yet...as i'm sure you know, school is kinda expensive to tend to and is taking a toll on my funds, also renting houses sucks as well as bills.

do you wave? i do.

do you wave? i do.
but of course dude... lol people who don't wave make me angry. aside from that, my dad would slap me if i didn't. hahaha, you've gone offroad i'm assuming? if so, good. use it for it's intended use!

I'll be driving my black 2002 Nissan Altima 3.5 to NYCOM. Back when she was new, the 240 ponies were enough to put my head in the headrest and to take 80% of other newbs on the road (not that I would ever street race....). Unfortunately, time and having no garage at home or work have taken their toll cosmetically on her in the form of scratches, being keyed up and not to mention rear-ended twice, once by an SUV (with no serious damage believe it or not).

And yet I still love the car. There aren't any major mods on it besides cross drilled/slotted rotors up front and some neon lighting on the inside. The 12" Alpine Type R makes a great companion for driving and is sure to keep me awake on those drives home after a long day of studying.

PS: Nice car serbatron. Clean and classy. You're taking me for a ride. People don't like riding in my car. "Turn the bass down I can't hear myself think."

same thing has happened to me, tho i'm trying to patch a few things up, cosmetic and service wise, before i make the move to NY. and thanks for the compliment! the rsx isn't too quick, honestly, but i made a few little changes -- intake, header, exhaust, some suspension work and wheels, and of course the seamless ipod integration :-D

audio wise, i wish i had gotten some components back when i was into modding. considering how much music i listen in the car, that would have been money well spent. though my approach w the sub would've been more conservative, maybe like an 8" in a sealed enclosure.

K-series! :D

hehe, mines a base, so its the k20a3, the baby of the k series motors. vtec on intake side only, no oil squirters, none of that twin-lobbed vtec action like in the rsx-s/s2k. but it's still mine regardless.

2007_elantra_1.jpg

Elantra-12.JPG

(2008 Elantra. Ours is dark carbon gray. Incredibly nice interior for entry level.)

2003-hyundai-elantra-gt.jpg

(2004 Elantra. Ours is dark blue)

but of course dude... lol people who don't wave make me angry. aside from that, my dad would slap me if i didn't. hahaha, you've gone offroad i'm assuming? if so, good. use it for it's intended use!
of course! what else would i have that lift for!!, i'd just be a poser if i didnt. haha

same thing has happened to me, tho i'm trying to patch a few things up, cosmetic and service wise, before i make the move to NY. and thanks for the compliment! the rsx isn't too quick, honestly, but i made a few little changes -- intake, header, exhaust, some suspension work and wheels, and of course the seamless ipod integration :-D

audio wise, i wish i had gotten some components back when i was into modding. considering how much music i listen in the car, that would have been money well spent. though my approach w the sub would've been more conservative, maybe like an 8" in a sealed enclosure.

I would also love to put in components, but nissan is cool like that and they decided to make the tweeter size something non-standard and the mid-bass drivers in the doors are 5.25" sooooo if I wanted a 6.5" component set I'd have to do a lot of drilling and custom work, which I don't want to do because unless you're a professional it rarely comes out as good as it seems in your mind.

For your small car, a 10" in a sealed would sound really good for SQ. I like to have my lungs shaken so I went with the 12" type r ported. I'm getting a custom new box for it because the one I got is too small and isn't tuned properly so it sounds much worse than it should. You'll have to sound deaden to make any sub sound decent though, which adds weight and makes your trunk look like tinfoil is on it. You'll see haha.

2007_elantra_1.jpg

Elantra-12.JPG

(2008 Elantra. Ours is dark carbon gray. Incredibly nice interior for entry level.)

2003-hyundai-elantra-gt.jpg

(2004 Elantra. Ours is dark blue)

I've never seen it, but my friends keep telling me about the owner of a Hyndai dealership out here has the Hyndai emblem on a bentley

I bought one of these before school (same exact car as in the pic):

impala_main.jpg

I love it!!! It is fast (300+ hp V8) that gets good mpg's. It has the Active Fuel Management system in it, where it shuts down to 4 cylinders when at constant speed or slowing down. I average about 24 mpg on the highway and can make it from Chicago to Lexington, KY on a full tank....its amazing. And it has enough power to throw in the backseat, yet still be functional as a family car (once kiddos start happening). And the Bose sound system is INCREDIBLE!!!!!!! The stock exhaust has a nice, mild throaty sound too :D :thumbup:

I'm pretty lazy to go back to check the OP, but I think you said you're getting if it you're going to western? If you go to western, I probably wouldn't bring a nice car to that area. Although I'm not from Pomona (LA and San Diego) I would just say probably don't buy it unless you don't mind dealing with getting your car stolen and all that bs. Not to be racist or anything, but a lot of people come from mexico to steal cars to hop back over the border/gut before getting over border/sell to other immigrants coming over border. A LOT of my friends cars have been stolen and ended up in chula vista, or other cities right near the freaking border.

Either way, I'm a HUGE FAN OF GOING FAST! Though for me, it all about driving stick! *I know about the double clutch in audi's, I know about the tiptronics and such, and how it's even fast, or even CVTs* It's the adrenaline pumping, stick shifting, redlining, pure fun and exhilaration. I'm not saying I'm a racer, just I like to just drive FAST!:D

Civics are the BEST cars. I'm looking at a couple of them right now. My next car will either be a Civic or something in a totally different direction. A truck. :)

Land Rovers rock...I looked at 'em when I bought my last vehicle a few years ago. It was a bit more money than I wanted to spend. But they truly are amazing vehicles.

I don't know about the newer civics, but I owned a 1997 honda civic LX for about 4 years. It was for the most part reliable, but LOUD! Since I have moved on to my camry, the noise factor has improved significantly. I think it will always play a big role in the cars I choose.

My 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX

0-60 in 5s flat with some engine management I did to it :D

I can't believe that no one has posted this yet...
a_team_400x300.jpg

DJ7H37XE.jpg

I would also love to put in components, but nissan is cool like that and they decided to make the tweeter size something non-standard and the mid-bass drivers in the doors are 5.25" sooooo if I wanted a 6.5" component set I'd have to do a lot of drilling and custom work, which I don't want to do because unless you're a professional it rarely comes out as good as it seems in your mind.

For your small car, a 10" in a sealed would sound really good for SQ. I like to have my lungs shaken so I went with the 12" type r ported. I'm getting a custom new box for it because the one I got is too small and isn't tuned properly so it sounds much worse than it should. You'll have to sound deaden to make any sub sound decent though, which adds weight and makes your trunk look like tinfoil is on it. You'll see haha.

check into a company called elemental designs http://www.edesignaudio.com/index.php, i think they might make some components in your size. they do some custom stuff too, but they're very nice build quality and the prices are reasonable. i actually prefer them to a lot of other components short of mb quartz or boston.

i think 10" is still too big for me, i'd like to hear it but i dont want to simulate some kind of OMM Kidney clearance maneuver. plus i listen to a lot of techno/house, and serbian music (pop, dance, even folk) so that isn't heavy on the bass either. maybe one day i can dream, it ain't happening anytime soon. i need to get my front lip repainted realllllyyyyyyy bad...

another thing, any experience with wheel repair? i went snowboarding on a heavy snow day and they were requiring chains/cables, didn't have any cables in my size and i got stuck with chains which clobbered my front wheels. my enkeis are some aluminum alloy, high strength but a little soft on the lip. grrrr. just trying to see if you had any personal experience w that.

I'm pretty lazy to go back to check the OP, but I think you said you're getting if it you're going to western? If you go to western, I probably wouldn't bring a nice car to that area. Although I'm not from Pomona (LA and San Diego) I would just say probably don't buy it unless you don't mind dealing with getting your car stolen and all that bs. Not to be racist or anything, but a lot of people come from mexico to steal cars to hop back over the border/gut before getting over border/sell to other immigrants coming over border. A LOT of my friends cars have been stolen and ended up in chula vista, or other cities right near the freaking border.

i dont think id have too much of a problem in the schools parking lot, plus i saw security that watched over the cars. I will most likely be living outside pomona and something with a garage or protected parking lot. I have heard how bad it can be in that area with cars though and theft.

Mini%20Cooper%20S%20final%20edition.jpg

Loaded. So much fun to drive.

Great minds think alike that's exactly what I'm getting when I graduate undergrad next year. Uhmm i get so tingly inside when I see them LOL ok maybe that was TMI lol:D

Either way, I'm a HUGE FAN OF GOING FAST! Though for me, it all about driving stick! *I know about the double clutch in audi's, I know about the tiptronics and such, and how it's even fast, or even CVTs* It's the adrenaline pumping, stick shifting, redlining, pure fun and exhilaration. I'm not saying I'm a racer, just I like to just drive FAST!:D

I totally agree with the manuel shift that's why I LOVE The Mini's because their standard car is Manuel...uhmmmm now that's SEXXY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

I totally agree with the manuel shift that's why I LOVE The Mini's because their standard car is Manuel...uhmmmm now that's SEXXY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Mini LOVERS unite! I have a Blue Mini convertible and i LOVE LOVE LOVE IT

check into a company called elemental designs http://www.edesignaudio.com/index.php, i think they might make some components in your size. they do some custom stuff too, but they're very nice build quality and the prices are reasonable. i actually prefer them to a lot of other components short of mb quartz or boston.

i think 10" is still too big for me, i'd like to hear it but i dont want to simulate some kind of OMM Kidney clearance maneuver. plus i listen to a lot of techno/house, and serbian music (pop, dance, even folk) so that isn't heavy on the bass either. maybe one day i can dream, it ain't happening anytime soon. i need to get my front lip repainted realllllyyyyyyy bad...

another thing, any experience with wheel repair? i went snowboarding on a heavy snow day and they were requiring chains/cables, didn't have any cables in my size and i got stuck with chains which clobbered my front wheels. my enkeis are some aluminum alloy, high strength but a little soft on the lip. grrrr. just trying to see if you had any personal experience w that.

I'm familiar with ED. I looked into their product when I did sound deadening on my trunk, but their components are 6.5" midrange. I also know for a fact that there is no tweeter that exists that will fit my stock location without custom work because crutchfield.com has a special car customization thingie just for that.

I'm ok with my stock components. They are old, non-bose, unpowered Clarion's, buttttt they're not so bad.

As for wheel repair, I don't know much about actually being able to repair rims. Probably for the cost of repairing them you could just buy a new set. Props on Enkei btw. Quality shoes imo. Don't bother doing any professional body work on the car. I'm not sure if you're familiar with NYC driving and parking, but trust me it is a waste of time. Touch up paint FTW.