Which car you bringing to medical school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
wow, you guys aren't as balling as me. I'm bringing in my new buggati veryon. suck on that

a lot of money, but no class. it's spelled "B.A.L.L.A.", not balling. That's basketball

Members don't see this ad.

Who knew that being an aspiring medical student could be so lucrative?

Members don't see this ad :)
This is what I want, and its alot cheaper than a used M6. 2003 SL55 ftw.

SL552copy.jpg

SL553copy.jpg

SL55_1_copy.jpg

This one isn't stock, it has SL65 bumper, Kleeman Stage 4, and some other goodies.

Yeah, but probably a slushbox...?
I used to valet a lot in college and never sat down in a Benz with a clutch

Damn, Ellinopedo you must be rich. You're going to be cruising around in possibly an SL55 during med school or an M6? Daym man...I'm in med school now and my ride is nowhere near as expensive as either of those cars. I'm actually driving around a tuned up '04 Evo 8 with a crapload of mods, it's pretty sweet actually, but I would definitely trade it in for something like an SL55.

my dream car (keeping it on the down low)

DSC00332.jpg

Damn, Ellinopedo you must be rich. You're going to be cruising around in possibly an SL55 during med school or an M6? Daym man...I'm in med school now and my ride is nowhere near as expensive as either of those cars. I'm actually driving around a tuned up '04 Evo 8 with a crapload of mods, it's pretty sweet actually, but I would definitely trade it in for something like an SL55.

Evo is still a nice ride. I have a WRX that i bought in 01 as an 02 model and had a 2.5 block switched into it a few years later. Your evo, if modded correctly, should be very fast. I want a fast car that still turns heads thats why i am getting the Sl55. the M6 used can fetch for cheapest $65k and thats a lot of money and I cannot afford it, but I can afford a $45,000 car, especially since i got a check from state farm after some girl totaled my parked m5 on the side of the street. I really wanna get the SL600, just a chip in that bad boy increases the power to about 625hp and over 700lbs trq., but it doesnt have the fun level of the SL55 or the looks imo.

Not fun in snow or rain so it gets parked in the winter. Only has 35K on the clock.

I don't really like any newer cars.
jdubs_03

jdubs_03

jdubs_03

jdubs_03

jdubs_03

jdubs_03

Not fun in snow or rain so it gets parked in the winter. Only has 35K on the clock.

I don't really like any newer cars.
jdubs_03

jdubs_03

jdubs_03

jdubs_03

jdubs_03

jdubs_03

Probably one of the finest cars ever made :thumbup:

This is what I want, and its alot cheaper than a used M6. 2003 SL55 ftw.

SL552copy.jpg

SL553copy.jpg

SL55_1_copy.jpg

This one isn't stock, it has SL65 bumper, Kleeman Stage 4, and some other goodies.

good choice. I like the kompressor more than the AMG engine as far as smooth driving goes. AMG brakes are so stiff

good choice. I like the kompressor more than the AMG engine as far as smooth driving goes. AMG brakes are so stiff

would u pick a SL600 (V12 biturbo - 493hp - underrated, more like 550hp stock, 480rwhp) or a SL55 AMG (V8 Kompressor - 493hp - dynos at 430rwhp stock).

SL55 is sportier, better handling i guess, and has some nicer exterior differences like quad exhaust, smoked tails, amg front bumper. Or The SL600 for the V12 Biturbo engine and the luxury aspect of the car.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm bringing my 07 G35S 6MT RWD, and my 03 FX35 RWD. I'm selling my BMW before I get to school.

As far as the benz discussion, I've been there, I had a Lorinserized ML back in the day, good times. If you're going to go with an older gentleman's car, then you might as well go all the way and pick up a used SLR. Or the new SLR roadster. Or bring it to Renntech and make it a 722. :thumbup:

I'm bringing my 07 G35S 6MT RWD, and my 03 FX35 RWD. I'm selling my BMW before I get to school.

As far as the benz discussion, I've been there, I had a Lorinserized ML back in the day, good times. If you're going to go with an older gentleman's car, then you might as well go all the way and pick up a used SLR. Or the new SLR roadster. Or bring it to Renntech and make it a 722. :thumbup:

lol. a used sl55 or sl600 can go for about $45K a used SLR will go for about $350k.

This is what I've been using to commute back and forth to school:
1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS-T

lab26a052733c8f9f3f168fwc1.jpg

l50119f1487d612013e560apl1.jpg

This is what I've been using to commute back and forth to school:
1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS-T

lab26a052733c8f9f3f168fwc1.jpg

l50119f1487d612013e560apl1.jpg

nice, i respected DSM for their modifiability back in the day when it wasn't too common to find fast turbo charged cars (other than the 300zx or supra which were both quite expensive). one of my friends had one identical to yours except for the spyder.

Evo is still a nice ride. I have a WRX that i bought in 01 as an 02 model and had a 2.5 block switched into it a few years later. Your evo, if modded correctly, should be very fast. I want a fast car that still turns heads thats why i am getting the Sl55. the M6 used can fetch for cheapest $65k and thats a lot of money and I cannot afford it, but I can afford a $45,000 car, especially since i got a check from state farm after some girl totaled my parked m5 on the side of the street. I really wanna get the SL600, just a chip in that bad boy increases the power to about 625hp and over 700lbs trq., but it doesnt have the fun level of the SL55 or the looks imo.

Nice man, the WRX is definitely a hot ride. The SL600 is crazy, especially with 700 lbs of torque, that will definitely go fast. Sweet ride.

I'm definitely a car fanatic, but since I don't have the money to upgrade my 1993 mazda 626, I won't be bringing a Benz like everyone else. To add a little flavor to med school, I'll be bringing this instead...

I'll be taking the bus to school. $83 a month beats the $190 car garage plus $60 for tolls+ plus ??? in gas+ insurance. I can pay my Stafford unsubsidized interest every month with the difference and still have money left over.

Nice man, the WRX is definitely a hot ride. The SL600 is crazy, especially with 700 lbs of torque, that will definitely go fast. Sweet ride.

Having a fast car isn't all that it's cracked up to be, which is why as soon as I pay off the Spyder I'm buying an '06 325i. In my experience w/ a DSM, the faster they go, the more likely something will break.

I must admit though, being able to burn the tires through 1st, 2nd, and half of 3rd gear is pretty invigorating. And the blow off valve of a Greddy Type S is like music to my ears. But those are the only 2 positive sides.

Having a fast car isn't all that it's cracked up to be, which is why as soon as I pay off the Spyder I'm buying an '06 325i. In my experience w/ a DSM, the faster they go, the more likely something will break.

I must admit though, being able to burn the tires through 1st, 2nd, and half of 3rd gear is pretty invigorating. And the blow off valve of a Greddy Type S is like music to my ears. But those are the only 2 positive sides.

i used to be into the whole modding thing, but right now id rather have a fast car from the factory (or just a chip installed ;)) and be fast rather than upgrading turbos, CAI, exhaust, downpipes, headers, cams, bov, boost controller, etc.

Oops and I will be bringing this, except mine has the Monster stickers on it.
2006_Honda_Interceptor_ABS.jpg

It will be ridden tons more at schools in places like NV, AZ or CA. Lot less in places like MO, TN, MI or WA.

Speaking of which I am taking it for a ride now...adios

u will be seeing me ripping this down NY in the fall haha. i was actually kinda hesitant about trading in my 8 but after driving it i just fell in love with the handling. don't think i will have time or money to mod it unfortunately :(

3041117_3_full.jpg

u will be seeing me ripping this down NY in the fall haha. i was actually kinda hesitant about trading in my 8 but after driving it i just fell in love with the handling. don't think i will have time or money to mod it unfortunately :(

3041117_3_full.jpg

did u buy it? congrats, great looking car. Im still waiting for another week or two before i go and get something, so far I am looking at an e55 AMG or a 645, something more practical for NYC living and can seat more than just me and a passenger.

I'm definitely a car fanatic, but since I don't have the money to upgrade my 1993 mazda 626, I won't be bringing a Benz like everyone else. To add a little flavor to med school, I'll be bringing this instead...

You'll be bringing the flavor of asphalt to the ER at some point.

I'm not against motorcycles - they're a blast. However, I think it takes a special kind of person not to notice the high-volume of idiots out there traveling around carelessly (cell phones, eating, applying makeup, shaving) in 2+ ton vehicles. It's just physics. You can only be vigilant to a point.

With more people cutting over to motorcycles and scooters due to inflation and the cost of oil, there will be a marked increase in fatalities.

Smart choice with regard to gas prices but not a wise choice with regard to self-preservation. Just IMO.

does anyone know if new york requires the front license plate? (i haven't put the them on for the illinois law shhhhhh) i don't want to draw more attention to me then i already have by owning an Evo

Car threads 80% of the claims are false. Nice Mercedes though.

I will bring my silver corolla. yay!

I've done all my repairs on my land rover. New serpentine belt. A couple new hoses. New cover for the air intake filter. New plugs and wires. New brake servo booster. Bled brake system. New headlight. The thing has never run so well since I've owned it.

Not bad for my first attempt ever at any kind of car repair. I'm ready to roll.

Posted via Mobile Device

Here is a pic of the same 2 year-old rockin' Dodge Caravan that we have:

189.jpg

And our super rockin' brand new Sunburst Orange Dodge Grand Caravan:

CAB80DDV171A0806.jpg

does anyone know if new york requires the front license plate? (i haven't put the them on for the illinois law shhhhhh) i don't want to draw more attention to me then i already have by owning an Evo
New york absolutely requires a front license plate, sorry.

I'm gonna ride this all the way to the front door of the school building! :D

Attachments

• n13709866_32797036_1612.jpg
    n13709866_32797036_1612.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 87
batmobile.jpg

Im bringin this sucker. Im getting it worked on but it should be ready by fall of '09.

I decided on the JETTA :)

I initially wanted something with AMAZING MPG (i.e. prius) but I got a bit annoyed at the huge mark up in price over MSRP since everyone is after the hybrid! So then I started test driving the other cars.. and absolutely loved the Jetta. Its zippy, excellent performance and handling, good price and a very very smooth ride - biggest downfall is the slightly lower MPG :( but, I want to enjoy my drive every day! Plus, was the best deal financially (especially because of the zero down, 0% financing option).

You'll be bringing the flavor of asphalt to the ER at some point.

I'm not against motorcycles - they're a blast. However, I think it takes a special kind of person not to notice the high-volume of idiots out there traveling around carelessly (cell phones, eating, applying makeup, shaving) in 2+ ton vehicles. It's just physics. You can only be vigilant to a point.

With more people cutting over to motorcycles and scooters due to inflation and the cost of oil, there will be a marked increase in fatalities.

Smart choice with regard to gas prices but not a wise choice with regard to self-preservation. Just IMO.

Getting old is overrated! I wish could say I was bringing this:

MV_Agusta_F4_1000_Veltro_2006_05_1024x768.jpg

but alas there is no money in being a pre-med ;/

I'm thinking of buying a rover p6. Its a 3500S with a Buick V8 that was made in the 1960's in Britain.

i am picking this up hopefully monday, unless i find a better deal before monday.

J2018.jpg

J2018.04.jpg

J2018.08.jpg

J2018.18.jpg

LMAO Fed I was just about to put a pic similar to that on here..!

241510.jpg

A black version of this for me.

Here is my the Honda that I'll have for many many years.
2007 Si
IMG_2131-1.jpg

IMG_2128.jpg

The projectors are from a 2005 Honda S2000
IMG_2174.jpg

i am picking this up hopefully monday, unless i find a better deal before monday.

J2018.jpg

J2018.08.jpg

****ING awesome. Great choice.

I don't see myself getting rid of my jeep liberty anytime soon. 13.5MPG BABY!!! The liberty is rated at something like 17/21 mpg, but car and driver ranked the liberty as having the biggest disparagement between actual fuel economy and EPA estimates.