Which carribean medical schools have larger class sizes / more students on campus?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

apollo18

Reaction score
Which carribean medical schools have larger class sizes / more students on campus?
meaning which ones have more students in your classes or just on campus in different classes etc,
Is it just the top 4 are the most populated and then it comes lower in population?
I heard SGU is very packed but was wondering for more info

Members don't see this ad.

• Dislike
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 3 users
Smh...you're thinking about going to a Caribbean medical school...very bad idea. Step 1 has changed to P/F (no numerical score to set you apart). How will you get a residency program in the US to take a chance on you? You're Canadian. You're not a permanent resident or citizen of the United States. There are so many axes against this idea that it would be very unwise to take this leap...

Smh...you're thinking about going to a Caribbean medical school...very bad idea. Step 1 has changed to P/F (no numerical score to set you apart). How will you get a residency program in the US to take a chance on you? You're Canadian. You're not a permanent resident or citizen of the United States. There are so many axes against this idea that it would be very unwise to take this leap...
We already tried to warn OP here:

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
SGU is most packed , then ROSS, then AUC, then AUA, and then SABA

guys you have to understand something , people who apply to Caribbean are well aware of the risks. they are desperate like I was . I know you guys are doing your best so on one would go that route , i am with you. all my 4 years of undergrad , i always laughed at idea of attending Caribbean. but after not getting in any med school for 2 years and not making MERP program of AUC , I was at my all time low and was about to quit my journey to become a medical doctor. However, i gave it one last shot at my diff Caribbean school other than AUC and now I just matched this year. Only if i listened to people telling me pursue other careers , i would have never been able to achieve this . so please don't discourage people. honestly , the way to make it out of Caribbean med school is preparation and self study . now with so many resources , it can be done . Apollo if you go , i be happy to guide you along the way.

Reactions: 1 users
meaning which ones have more students in your classes or just on campus in different classes etc,
Is it just the top 4 are the most populated and then it comes lower in population?
I heard SGU is very packed but was wondering for more info

What's the reasoning behind your question? Are you looking for which schools give more attention to students? Do you want a smaller class size?

i actually want to goto a busier school, i dont really like empty campuses, it feels lonely and depressing.

• Wow
Oh ok. You might like SGU and AUC then tho SGU seems pretty big.

Also you're only on the island for 2 years.

• Haha
i don't know what is so funny.. i was on island for 2 years
2 years is plenty of time for a lot to happen. One semester of medical school is enough for someone to go into depression, anxiety, and plenty of other mental health issues especially with the culture shock that comes with being on a Caribbean island (AND minimal mental health counselling available). I wouldn't use "ONLY" and "2 years" in the same sentence. In my mind that was funny, but I see the point you were trying to convey though.

Reactions: 1 users
2 years is plenty of time for a lot to happen. One semester of medical school is enough for someone to go into depression, anxiety, and plenty of other mental health issues especially with the culture shock that comes with being on a Caribbean island (AND minimal mental health counselling available). I wouldn't use "ONLY" and "2 years" in the same sentence. In my mind that was funny, but I see the point you were trying to convey though.

true but that is medical school in general . Mental counseling actually is available in Caribbean school. if you meant that way i apologize and i can see the humor. lol

SGU is the biggest school.

I agree that having a bigger school avoids that "lonely" or empty campus feeling. SGU felt like another American university to me. I never looked at the other schools.