Which CaseFiles books are the best/worth it?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sharkbyte

Take me to the top
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know an M4 who has offered to give me a bunch of her CaseFiles books. She has Psych, IM, Ob/Gyn, and Peds. Are these all pretty good resources that make a difference in shelf studying or there any of these 4 that aren't as great and ones that I should just skip? Thanks for the help.

Members don't see this ad.

Case files for Ob/Gyn is pretty good (some people use the Beckmann textbook for Ob/Gyn but i thought it was too dense). BRS pediatrics is gold for peds, and I think they're releasing an updated version soon. Not sure for psych or IM. I used "first aid for psych" when i did psych. Would recommend case files for FM too.

Members don't see this ad :)
FM and OB/Gyn are what I see most commonly used at my school and I thought both were useful. Some people used it for peds as well but I thought BRS was better. For neuro I think blueprints is the best, for Psych go with FA, for IM use step up 2 medicine if you can stomach it. For surgery, pestana and devirgilio

Great, thanks so much for the help!