SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

which company pays the most money for pharmacy student?

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by winter32842, May 29, 2008.

1. winter32842

winter32842 7+ Year Member

Jan 26, 2008
    I have recently transferred into PharmD program at MCPHS. I am going to start third year PharmD program this fall.

I have never worked in a pharmacy before, I was just wondering which company (like Rite Aid, CVS, or hospital) pays the most money to third-year students?
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.

STAR3URY 10+ Year Member

Aug 5, 2007
    Brooklyn, NY
    I think Walgreens pays the most...
  4. Sparda29

Sparda29 En Taro Adun Pharmacist Classifieds Approved 7+ Year Member

Mar 25, 2008
    New York, New York
    Hospitals definitely pay the most from what you listed. I know someone at St. Vincent's Hospital who makes $22/hr as a tech.
  5. l3abyt43

l3abyt43 2+ Year Member

Mar 15, 2008
    It depends from area to area. You should ask around. From what I know, Walgreens in San Diego pays the highest.
  6. IrishRxMan

IrishRxMan 2+ Year Member

May 1, 2008
    How long has that person been a tech at that hospital and what other certifications/qualifications does that person have over the regular tech? I doubt very seriously that any place would hire on a tech for other than a head tech/tech manager position for more than $15 an hour unless the competition is extremely high for techs or the cost of living is so high in the area, which would not make the $22 an hour any better than $15.