Which Company Practice Test is the most Accurate?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Shiba103

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So far in my MCAT studying, I started out using the full lengths from Examkrackers but for the most part I have been using the Next Step Full Lengths. I have taken about nine of the Next Step full lengths but I wanted to know what peoples' thoughts on which test company they thought was the most representative.

Members don't see this ad.

AAMC

Reactions: 4 users
When I was studying for the MCAT I used Kaplan and their scores for their practice tests were WAY off compared to what people were actually scoring. People were consistently scoring mid 490s on Kaplan, but then averaging ~510ish on the real deal. I think they changed it, but the AAMC practice is the best as well as Khan Academy.

Members don't see this ad :)
AAMC is by far the best and most accurate resource. However, there is only two exams so that limits you somewhat. Altius test prep also has 10 practice exams that you can purchase. Not sure how much they are but it might be something worth looking into.

Thank you for the responses. I will definitely look into all of those. I just wasn't sure if the Next Step Full Lengths I had been taking were going to be the most accurate. Certain exams were harder than others

I liked doing the Kaplan ones. Yeah they are way too hard and focus on more small details than the real thing, but after doing a ton of those the AAMC stuff and the real test felt almost easy. It's like swinging a baseball bat with one of those weights on it if you know what I mean. If you can get a good score on the Kaplan tests you will almost definitely get one on the real thing.

Reactions: 1 user
I know what you mean. I have been asking people which exams they felt were the hardest. I was told that the Next Step exams were the hardest and figured it if I could score well on those than I can be prepare for the actual test. But I will definitely try to do a couple of the Kaplan exams before my test. Thank you for the feedback