Which core clerkship rotations are most important in terms of grades towards residency?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ella9188

Reaction score
M2. Aiming Ophthalmology residency. Which core clerkship rotations are most important in terms of grades towards residency? Appreciate your help.

Members don't see this ad.

M2. Aiming Ophthalmology residency. Which core clerkship rotations are most important in terms of grades towards residency? Appreciate your help.

Medicine and surgery.

Applying ophtho now, would say medicine + all ophtho rotations. From what we are gathering this year, it seems that step 1/grades don't matter after a certain point, and things like AOA (which yes can be determined by step 1/grades), GHHS, and research may play instrumental roles.

Members don't see this ad :)
Applying ophtho now, would say medicine + all ophtho rotations. From what we are gathering this year, it seems that step 1/grades don't matter after a certain point, and things like AOA (which yes can be determined by step 1/grades), GHHS, and research may play instrumental roles.

If not AOA, class rank have any relevance?

If not AOA, class rank have any relevance?

Maybe I was unclear, AOA/GHHS/research ARE important. Class rank doesn't matter I think, although that's probably related to getting AOA.

Maybe I was unclear, AOA/GHHS/research ARE important. Class rank doesn't matter I think, although that's probably related to getting AOA.

What if your school doesnt do AOA?

Medicine and Surgery for M3 rotations. But never hurts to try and honor everything. Obviously as a MS4 or on elective you'll have to kill your ophtho rotations.