Which current ACGME designated specialty will cover neuromodulation?

Mar 17, 2010
MD/PhD Student
As a current M.D./Ph.D. student interested in the future of minimally interventional neuromodulatory treatments, through a variety of means including drugs, radiation/beam activation (for nano-caged molecular therapies for instance), intravascular delivery of stem cells and micro/nanoscopic devices for modulating neuronal activity, I am wondering what residency would be best to go into in anticipation of these technologies entering medical practice. I posted this in the Radiology forum because my best guess is neuroradiology, but I could see either neurorads, rad oncs or neurologists doing it...Thoughts?