crazy_sherm

å♪▼æ╬‼▄·
10+ Year Member
Jul 18, 2004
San Francisco
Status
Dentist
Hottest guys, girls, faculty...who cares? What I wanna know is who makes the meaner sandwich!

Which school has the best cafeteria? I've only been to UCSF and UOP, and although UCSF has a huge selection, UOP has some awesome sandwiches! :thumbup:

Jess_SB

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 22, 2004
San Francisco
Status
I second UOP, the turkey sandwich was amazing! Carved from a roasted turkey right before your eyes... yum.

UCSF has a hospital cafeteria - not very good, and not as cheap as most hospital cafeterias. I would seriously consider bringing a lunch if I went there.

JavadiCavity

DDS 2008
Moderator Emeritus
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 21, 2003
Oregon
Status
Dentist
I gotcha covered on UOP. That place had some amazing food. The chefs were wearing chef hats. They cooked a full-size turkey and carved it right before my eyes. And the sandwiches/salads were awesome.

Nova had a big selection in their cafeteria, but they had a lot of restaurants within walking distance.

Maryland ordered in food for us, but they showed us the cafeteria and it was so-so.

Virginia shared a giant cafeteria with the rest of the colleges. The food was alright.

I got no food at UNC or Arizona.

DIRTIE

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 8, 2004
Las Vegas
Status
Dental Student
Don't know what you are talking about at Nova. They had catered food for us in the admissions room. All you can eat. By far the best!!

edkNARF

A is A
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 24, 2003
Philadelphia
Status
Dental Student
Buffalo served us Pizza, Chicken Wings, and these other things that I am sure were deep fried. Apparently, everything in Buffalo is meant to be dipped in blue cheese dressing. It may not have been the healthiest food, but Buffalo sure did have the most satisfying.

Penn offered selections from FreshGrocer (a local food store) that were quite good.

Tufts and BU apparently use the same caterer, I saw the SAME EXACT sandwiches at each interview! In case you were wondering, they were very good.

edkNARF

A is A
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 24, 2003
Philadelphia
Status
Dental Student
JavadiCavity said:
I got no food at UNC or Arizona.
I do not know why some schools do this. One criterion I used when evaluating the schools was how they treated us. Lunch is some indication a school's attitude towards its students. I noticed some schools gave us a voucher for their cafateria and said "come back in half an hour," while others had obviously devoted alot of effort in making sure we felt pampered for lunch. I know this is not the best way to choose a dental choose, but it is something to consider.

I heard for a fellow interviewee that Case makes you buy your own lunch.

Biogirl361

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 7, 2004
Visit site
Status
I thought Case had the best caf of the four schools I interviewed at. Michigan and UDM had no cafeteria at all as far as i saw, it was just bring food or go to the delis and whatnot in town. Marquette had no cafeteria inside the building but the union cafeteria right across the street was really nice. Case has one that is about the same quality as the one at Marquette but gets extra points for being right in the same building as classes and everything else.

nope, case didn't make us buy our own lunch at least at my interview. we got $6 vouchers for the cafeteria.

HangOnSloopy

Your mom goes to college
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 24, 2004
Ohio
Visit site
Status
Ohio State has an actual Wendy's in theirs :) but Dave Thomas is from Columbus, so you cant go two blocks in that city without seeing one anyways.

ItsGavinC

Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Oct 7, 2001
Arizona
Status
Dentist
Not my school, that's for sure. We have no food. They don't believe in feeding us, for some reason.

DDS2BE

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 26, 2004
www.facebook.com
Status
Dentist
Im wondering if they (d-schools) let students eat during gross anatomy class? :) If they do, then how many classes one would have to attend to actually start enjoying the food? :p