PERFECT3435

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 22, 2003
Indianapolis
Visit site
Status
Dentist
with that kind of GPA and DAT scores, none of the schools would grant you an interview let alone accept you. good luck and see if you could raise those DATs to 25's and maybe your GPA close to 3.9

About the Ads

APPLEBITE

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Feb 4, 2005
Status
:laugh:
JamesD said:
In case you missed it, he was being sarcastic.. :thumbup:

your a real dork..... course with that picture I am stupid for actually saying you are a dork.....it goes without saying.... :laugh:

OP
The Candidate

The Candidate

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 26, 2005
All over the place.
Status
TODDS2BE said:
None .. Better Dat Needed!!!
I don't get it? - 20/21 on the DAT won't do it for Columbia/UPenn/UOP?... especially for UMich too?!!!

You guys are trying to make me look like The "PERFECT" Candidate. :laugh:

USAF_Dentman

Go!! Get to da choppa!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 24, 2004
California
Status
APPLEBITE said:
:laugh:

your a real dork..... course with that picture I am stupid for actually saying you are a dork.....it goes without saying.... :laugh:
i know that...I MYSELF was being sarcastic as well..

Sprgrover

Pulped out Moderator
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 4, 2004
Philadelphia, PA
Status
The Candidate said:
I don't get it? - 20/21 on the DAT won't do it for Columbia/UPenn/UOP?... especially for UMich too?!!!

If you have 20+ on all sections of the DAT you will be golden for UOP. UPenn likes solid gpa's, and yours just might fit their bill. I would imagine that you would receive interview invites at some of the other schools as well. It's tough to say simply because the decision is ultimately left up to adcoms and they can be a bit mysterious in their decisions. If you obtain a 20+ on the DAT you won't encounter too many problems. Best of luck!

bingpredent

est the break of dawn
15+ Year Member
Oct 22, 2002
Visit site
Status
Sprgrover said:
If you have 20+ on all sections of the DAT you will be golden for UOP. UPenn likes solid gpa's, and yours just might fit their bill. I would imagine that you would receive interview invites at some of the other schools as well. It's tough to say simply because the decision is ultimately left up to adcoms and they can be a bit mysterious in their decisions. If you obtain a 20+ on the DAT you won't encounter too many problems. Best of luck!
Don't know about UOP, but you're most likely to get in all others.

Mo007

Gifted Hands
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 24, 2003
Columbus, OH
Visit site
Status
I think you will be fine with "All"... if you can throw in research experience in there, (and like someone else mentioned) apply really early, you should be solid.

Good Luck

grinningrice

Clean your dentures!
10+ Year Member
Nov 5, 2004
Cleveland so does not rock....
Status
Mo007 said:
I think you will be fine with "All"... if you can throw in research experience in there, (and like someone else mentioned) apply really early, you should be solid.

Good Luck
Seriously, like Mo007 said, you will be fine. Relax! Your GPA is really good and even if your DAT ends up being a little lower, you will most likely get in somewhere. Is it just me or does it seem as with every cycle predents are getting more and more anal?

t12kim

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 18, 2004
Visit site
Status
The Candidate said:

improve your GPA a little more if you want to get into upenn and columbia. I do not know anything about umich. For uop, i think you have a great chance of getting in. you are doing good. just keep it up and apply early. good luck.

omfsres

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 1, 2004
Status
The Candidate said:

If you already know then why did you ask. Look at the percentile of your scores and figure it out.

luder98

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 17, 2004
Status
Dentist
I think you should concentrate on studying for the DAT first, then worrying about the schools later. Make sure your 20 is across as many sections as possible otherwise it doesn't mean much. UOP doesn't give a **** about my 20 on AA because I scored 16 on RC and Bio. Make sure you apply early too.

OP
The Candidate

The Candidate

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 26, 2005
All over the place.
Status
t12kim said:
improve your GPA a little more if you want to get into upenn and columbia. I do not know anything about umich. For uop, i think you have a great chance of getting in. you are doing good. just keep it up and apply early. good luck.
I am working on it. Although, I thought Columbia GPA was about 3.3-3.4!, right?

As it turns out from this cycle, some sdners got into UPenn with 3.4 GPA, but really good DAT.

Thanks again everyone.

t12kim

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 18, 2004
Visit site
Status
The Candidate said:
I am working on it. Although, I thought Columbia GPA was about 3.3-3.4!, right?

As it turns out from this cycle, some sdners got into UPenn with 3.4 GPA, but really good DAT.

Thanks again everyone.
where did you get those stats? of course there are people who get into columbia and upenn with GPA lower than their average GPA, but last year's average GPA for upenn dental school was around 3.6 (i believe 3.59) and columbia was 3.5 two years ago according to AADSAS booklet. I was one of those people whose GPA fell below their averages, but i got in. Average 3.45..both overall and science.

v&andy_yankee

10+ Year Member
Jun 6, 2004
Spacemonkey World
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
i had a 3.3 (both science and overall), my DATs were average for columbia, and i still got into columbia. however, my major was tough--biomedical engineering, and it was from a top 25 school--and i also had plenty of dental experience. but i think that columbia does take into consideration your major and school (moreso than some other dental schools?).

t12kim

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 18, 2004
Visit site
Status
vandy_yankee said:
i had a 3.3 (both science and overall), my DATs were average for columbia, and i still got into columbia. however, my major was tough--biomedical engineering, and it was from a top 25 school--and i also had plenty of dental experience. but i think that columbia does take into consideration your major and school (moreso than some other dental schools?).
3.3 with bioengineering major at top 25 school is impressive, of course.

OP
The Candidate

The Candidate

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 26, 2005
All over the place.
Status
luder98 said:
I think you should concentrate on studying for the DAT first, then worrying about the schools later. Make sure your 20 is across as many sections as possible otherwise it doesn't mean much. UOP doesn't give a **** about my 20 on AA because I scored 16 on RC and Bio. Make sure you apply early too.
So, where did you decide to attend this cycle?

About the Ads