Which Dental Schools don't accept AP credits for calculus?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted904921

hey guys so i AP'ed out of taking calc in my undergrad (got a 5 on BC calc) but i was wondering which dental schools won't accept AP credits for calc?

i took all other science pre requisites!

thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

To my knowledge, no dental school accepts “AP credit” for a pre-req... so even if you tested out after highschool... you’d still have to take calculus if it’s a prerequisite. BUT... literally no dental school requires calculus as a prerequisite. The only ones I know of that want it are ivy leagues like Harvard. Check if the dental school you’re aiming for even requires calc, and if it does like I said,.. 95% sure you cannot test out of any prerequisite for dental school!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Calculus is not a prerequisite at like 95% of dental schools. I can't remember, but out of my 15 schools, either Minnesota or Michigan required it. But they both accept AP credit so you should be fine

To my knowledge, no dental school accepts “AP credit” for a pre-req... so even if you tested out after highschool... you’d still have to take calculus if it’s a prerequisite. BUT... literally no dental school requires calculus as a prerequisite. The only ones I know of that want it are ivy leagues like Harvard. Check if the dental school you’re aiming for even requires calc, and if it does like I said,.. 95% sure you cannot test out of any prerequisite for dental school!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Actually, there are quite a few schools that do accept AP credit. I have a ton, and almost all of my schools accepted them without a problem (I attended 4 of my 8 interviews, and got into all 4- UCLA, USC, LLU, WestU), and I'm sure the rest wouldn't have sent me invites if I didn't fulfill their pre-reqs (UoP, Case, LECOM, MWU AZ). UCSF also accepts AP credit, but they just want your score report sent in (it only costs $15 and I did this, but I never ended up applying lol).

OP, you just gotta do research on the schools you want to apply to. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user