Which dental schools have the best clinical expereince?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

melad916afg

Reaction score
Hello, I am applying this cycle to dental school. I really want to go to a school that just doesn't tell you how to be a dentist, but shows you. Which schools do you believe have the best clinical experience because I want to be well rounded after finishing my dental education.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hello, I am applying this cycle to dental school. I really want to go to a school that just doesn't tell you how to be a dentist, but shows you. Which schools do you believe have the best clinical experience because I want to be well rounded after finishing my dental education.
TBH, they are all pretty terrible. They teach you the bare minimum, then you get out and learn the rest. That’s why so many people say the school doesn’t matter much.

In the NorthEast, everyone talks about UConn. I’ve heard a lot of the Midwest schools are good along with Texas.

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
TBH, they are all pretty terrible. They teach you the bare minimum, then you get out and learn the rest. That’s why so many people say the school doesn’t matter much.

In the NorthEast, everyone talks about UConn. I’ve heard a lot of the Midwest schools are good along with Texas.
I go to a TX school and my clinic experience has been super lackluster I’m a D4 completed 1 crown a dozen fillings and 0 dentures 0 root canals.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
I go to a TX school and my clinic experience has been super lackluster I’m a D4 completed 1 crown a dozen fillings and 0 dentures 0 root canals.
which TX school if you don't mind me asking?

Look for schools with no residencies, you will get to do a lot more in clinic.

Creighton and Midwestern come to my mind.

They probably aren't worth the $$ though. One week in private practice will be more than all of dental school combined.

The cheapest is the right answer.

Reactions: 2 users