Which DO school is the easiest to get into?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kumar28

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know I just posted....but does anyone have an opinion on that???

Members don't see this ad.

I thought your question was a joke. I was waiting for a punchline like "Whichever admissions director you sleep with!"

In all seriousness, I don't think ANY medical school (MD or DO) is easy to get into. Sure, you can argue about the island schools where requirement for some of them are a pulse and a checkbook.

But, each school has its own set of numbers. The more intelligent premeds will tell you that "Average" numbers posted by a school mean squat. You need to have a competitive application all around.

Technically, the easiest DO school to get into would be the one with the smallest applicant:acceptance ratio. Who knows that? Who even cares?

Apply to a school because you want to go there, not because you can get in.

Good luck

Members don't see this ad :)
Will any DO school accept an applicant with a 21 on the MCAT, a cumulative GPA of 3.60, & having done research and volunteer work?

I don't know the answer to this question...but I do know the answer isn't none of them... Ease is a relative issue. When some asks "which school is the easiest to get into?" They aren't asking which school is easiest relative to everything else in the universe. They're asking which school is easiest relative to the others. Yes, this would be a complex question, but not an unanswerable one. Things such as applicant/acceptance ratios would be one factor, others would be GPA and MCAT scores. Regardless, there definitely is an answer out.

I would suggest retaking the MCAT and shooting for a 24-27 range. A 3.6 GPA is good enough, but I really think you need to raise your MCAT a little. DO schools look more at the overall person and this is attributed to slightly lower MCAT/GPA stats, but you still have to have base numbers to be competative.

Originally posted by too-sweet-phat-cool 4-life
I would suggest retaking the MCAT and shooting for a 24-27 range. A 3.6 GPA is good enough, but I really think you need to raise your MCAT a little. DO schools look more at the overall person and this is attributed to slightly lower MCAT/GPA stats, but you still have to have base numbers to be competative.
True dat. I totally agree.