Which DO schools have the prettiest campuses and best locations?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
:DCarribean is the best location..of course!

Members don't see this ad.

:DCarribean is the best location..of course!

I don't think so, the infrastructure at many of the island schools are well below US standards. I heard of Caribbean students who needed flashlights and candles to study. Basic things that we take for granted like running water and electricity can be limited. Caribbean schools are not "fun".

If you were looking at a medical school in Europe or in England, that might be a different story.

i
I don't think so, the infrastructure at many of the island schools are well below US standards. I heard of Caribbean students who needed flashlights and candles to study. Basic things that we take for granted like running water and electricity can be limited. Caribbean schools are not "fun".

If you were looking at a medical school in Europe or in England, that might be a different story.
uh.. I'm talking about the view of schools lol.

Members don't see this ad :)
Every time I see the exterior of TouroCOM-NY, I think of "Coming to America". The inside looks awesome though.

I wonder why the Touro campuses aren't that appealing from the outside.

GA-PCOM looks meh from the street, but Atlanta is a pretty amazing city.

Reactions: 1 user
Every time I see the exterior of TouroCOM-NY, I think of "Coming to America". The inside looks awesome though.

My understanding with TouroNY at least is that it blends nicely into that part of Harlem from the outside. I hear this is something the residents appreciate (in general, not just with Touro), but I'm not actually from there so I can't say for sure.

I have been told, and correct me if I'm wrong here, that in the case of Touro CA the outer appearance is old and grungy specifically because it is labeled as a historic site (or something along those lines) and as a result the outer facades cannot be altered. but the facilities are supposedly very impressive. I'm gonna find out for myself soon enough as I have an upcoming interview with the school.

I have been told, and correct me if I'm wrong here, that in the case of Touro CA the outer appearance is old and grungy specifically because it is labeled as a historic site (or something along those lines) and as a result the outer facades cannot be altered. but the facilities are supposedly very impressive. I'm gonna find out for myself soon enough as I have an upcoming interview with the school.

I totally disagree with this, except for their anatomy lab.

Yeah, it is in a historical area (the first naval station on the west coast), so if it can't be altered, then that's an excellent reason. I haven't seen the inside though. Good luck with the interview!

TouroCOM Outside:

Touro-college-harlem.jpg

TouroCOM Inside:

SLPG-Bg-Hotel-Lobby.jpg

Is that really what the inside of Touro NY looks like ??? I'm assuming it is a joke. I've been trying to find more pictures of what the inside looks like but so far I haven't found much.

Is that really what the inside of Touro NY looks like ??? I'm assuming it is a joke. I've been trying to find more pictures of what the inside looks like but so far I haven't found much.

I don't think the inside of TouroCOM looks like that. It's ugly in and out.

Members don't see this ad :)

No. It looks like that pic is of a hotel on the ground floor, whereas TOURO NY is on the second floor above a dollar store/chinese restaurant.

Everyone keeps talking about how nice the inside is compared to the outside, but I haven't seen anything except a pic of a lecture hall (that looks just like any other lecture hall)

May I ask how long did you have to wait to hear from Touro ca after your supplemental

May I ask how long did you have to wait to hear from Touro ca after your supplemental

Quite a while. I turned in my secondary sometime early September, I think, and I just got the ii. Don't feel despair, and take my story as proof that no news doesn't necessarily mean bad news. I wish you the best of luck!

No. It looks like that pic is of a hotel on the ground floor, whereas TOURO NY is on the second floor above a dollar store/chinese restaurant.

Everyone keeps talking about how nice the inside is compared to the outside, but I haven't seen anything except a pic of a lecture hall (that looks just like any other lecture hall)

I'll honestly admit that I thought the picture of the outside was a joke...

Quite a while. I turned in my secondary sometime early September, I think, and I just got the ii. Don't feel despair, and take my story as proof that no news doesn't necessarily mean bad news. I wish you the best of luck!
Thank you so much guylewis I ' nervous because I sent in my supplemental apply on 10/31/13 and they haven't even let me know that my application is complete... Supper worried :(

Thank you so much guylewis I ' nervous because I sent in my supplemental apply on 10/31/13 and they haven't even let me know that my application is complete... Supper worried :(
you mean it's only been complete since 14 days ago?? that's it? once again, don't despair, it took me about two months from the time my app was complete to get my ii from TouroCA. my first ii took about a couple of weeks. you gotta be more patient, trust me it takes a while and it feels like a million years. I still have to hear back about whether or not I got interviews from Touro NY, Touro NV, and Nova and I had sent off those secondary apps back in September too.

you mean it's only been complete since 14 days ago?? that's it? once again, don't despair, it took me about two months from the time my app was complete to get my ii from TouroCA. my first ii took about a couple of weeks. you gotta be more patient, trust me it takes a while and it feels like a million years. I still have to hear back about whether or not I got interviews from Touro NY, Touro NV, and Nova and I had sent off those secondary apps back in September too.
Lol yes it feels like 1 million year ... I'm worried because I haven't received any confirmation for them (Touro ca)- have you ? Should I ask them if they got my supplemental application or should I wait!!

Well cmon. Take that with a grain of salt. The inside of a macdonalds would be nice inside comparatively if the outside looked like that.

I'm still amused that TouroNY gets so much hate for its appearance.

GA-PCOM looks meh from the street, but Atlanta is a pretty amazing city.
I agree with this ATL is awesome in many ways, one of them the medical opportunities that exist...among others the CDC is there, so maybe networking and other learning opportunities available?

I agree with this ATL is awesome in many ways, one of them the medical opportunities that exist...among others the CDC is there, so maybe networking and other learning opportunities available?

Yea, exactly, which is why I'm pretty sold on the school. There are so many hospitals and health centers in the ATL metro area, I expect a very diverse range of clinical opportunities, which I care more about than how my school looks from the street.

Guys, Touro-NY actually does look very nice on the inside. Its not like moving into a 5 star resort, but its a very modern and new setup all throughout. It is easily comparable to the inside of any new (<10yo) medical building. Its also massive inside.

Anyways, the inside is very nice, and the outside just fits the surroundings (I mean it is Harlem after all), but honestly, just a little down the street and there are all these big stores and other things you might not expect there.

Guys, Touro-NY actually does look very nice on the inside. Its not like moving into a 5 star resort, but its a very modern and new setup all throughout. It is easily comparable to the inside of any new (<10yo) medical building. Its also massive inside.

Anyways, the inside is very nice, and the outside just fits the surroundings (I mean it is Harlem after all), but honestly, just a little down the street and there are all these big stores and other things you might not expect there.

Is there any way you could provide an actual picture (or pictures) of the inside? I've read this thread and people keep claiming the inside is nice. I've looked for pictures, but I can't really find any.
If someone has an actual picture of the inside, I would like to see it. :)

I'm surprised nobody has posted any pictures of UNECOM. It's gorgeous!!!! I'm so excited about going here. Lots of outdoor activities in Maine, close to Portland (if you're a city person), and located in a nice, peaceful, small town ;)

arial2-1.jpg

biddeford_aerial_1.jpg

biddeford_aerial_cropped.jpg

UNE1.jpg

admissions_aerial.jpg

I'm surprised nobody has posted any pictures of UNECOM. It's gorgeous!!!! I'm so excited about going here. Lots of outdoor activities in Maine, close to Portland (if you're a city person), and located in a nice, peaceful, small town ;)

arial2-1.jpg

biddeford_aerial_1.jpg

UNE1.jpg

admissions_aerial.jpg
Yep it's a nice campus. Only downside is that its shared with undergrads -- but still a wonderful area. New England doesn't seem to get much credit on a thread like this due to the awful winters we have.

Great thread. A problem is most of the old links (first half of the thread) are broken. I'm also miffed, like others, no one is able to provide any pictures of the inside of Touro-NY. I also tried looking online (and at their website) and it doesn't seem there's any available. Personally, I like the city, and it wouldn't bother me to go there. I can see why people don't like it, but you're only there for two years and you won't have time to think about what the building you're in looks like. Plus, you could run around Central Park!

Wow, I remember browsing this thread as a starry eyed pre-med. I was looking up which schools to put in my list.

Time sure went by fast...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 5 users

arial2-1.jpg

biddeford_aerial_1.jpg

UNE1.jpg

admissions_aerial.jpg

Come back when it's the middle of winter and you've had alternating freezing rain and blizzards... I'm from MA. I love New England in the beginning of fall like everyone else (such as when most of these pics were taken), but I'm very much so enjoying being in SoCal right now where both summer and winter are 80 degrees.

Come back when it's the middle of winter and you've had alternating freezing rain and blizzards... I'm from MA. I love New England in the beginning of fall like everyone else (such as when most of these pics were taken), but I'm very much so enjoying being in SoCal right now where both summer and winter are 80 degrees.

Lol I'm already expecting it. I currently live in the northeast so I'm used to it. Tho I'll always be jealous of california weather ;)

OU-HCOM has a really cool campus. It's a very large school and is known to be a party school =P

Since this thread has agreed that Touro-NY Manhattan looks decidedly icky, does anyone have any good pictures or information about Touro Middletown?

UNECOM has a wonderful campus, and I tend to like the seasons in New England. I don't much mind the undergrads being around, they make the place feel a bit more lively.

That big pic is TCOM, not Touro. TCOM is the Texas state school in Fort Worth.

LMU has a very nice campus. I checked it out few days ago. There are many other buildings beside the DO school. It is definitely rural, but Knoxville is not far away.
The whole campus was very pretty at LMU! I explored it all, even the undergraduate library as nerdy as that was haha :bag: