Which financial forms to fill out

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sadpremed121

Reaction score
Hello, I’m a little confused about which financial forms I should be filling out. I don’t think I would qualify for any kind of financial aid due to my family background. Do I still need to fill out fafsa? What about css? Some schools also have their own financial forms to fill out for aid/scholarships. Should I fill these out.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello, I’m a little confused about which financial forms I should be filling out. I don’t think I would qualify for any kind of financial aid due to my family background. Do I still need to fill out fafsa? What about css? Some schools also have their own financial forms to fill out for aid/scholarships. Should I fill these out.
Most schools will require you fill out FAFSA. I would just look at the financial aid page for the schools where you have been accepted and follow what they say. There's no one size fits all answer in this case.

Even if you don't think you qualify for aid, I feel it's better to fill it out anyway, just in case.

Yes, fill out FAFSA. Schools still use the info to see if you qualify for aid first. CSS depends on the school, so go to the schools website for more info. There's also a listing of participating schools on the CSS website. You'll typically need to fill out FAFSA, in addition to CSS, in order to be considered for scholarships at some schools.

FAFSA is required for both Stafford and Grad Plus loans for med school, so unless you plan on paying cash or using only private loans (don't do this), then you need to fill it out. You don't need to include your parent's info if you know you won't qualify for need-based aid. My dad is a physician so I didn't include their income.

Reactions: 1 user