Which FL to focus on?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cke11

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!

I have a little less than 7 weeks until my test date and was wondering what FL I should focus on or should I just do as many as possible for the practice.

I have already taken:

AAMC unscored 78%/87%/81%/88%
NS Diagnostic: 502 (124/124/127/127)
NS FL 1: 506 (127/125/126/128)

I have access to 3 Kaplan Fl, 3 TPR FL, AAMC scored (which I will definitely do), and 2 EK FL.

Are there any you would recommend to focus on more than the others?

Members don't see this ad.

Kaplan / TPR if you want timed content-review.

EK if you want more experimental-analysis practice.

And of course AAMC scored.

If you have 7 weeks you can probably get through most of these. If you have cash flow, you might dump Kaplan, pick up 2 more EK, and also do the section banks.

If you have the cash get the EK tests and some NS. If cash is an issue get as many EK as you can and do your Kaplan and TPR tests.

Hey guys!

I have a little less than 7 weeks until my test date and was wondering what FL I should focus on or should I just do as many as possible for the practice.

I have already taken:

AAMC unscored 78%/87%/81%/88%
NS Diagnostic: 502 (124/124/127/127)
NS FL 1: 506 (127/125/126/128)

I have access to 3 Kaplan Fl, 3 TPR FL, AAMC scored (which I will definitely do), and 2 EK FL.

Are there any you would recommend to focus on more than the others?

thats a great AAMC unscored compared to your nextstep fl 1.
When did you take NS fl 1? Which one did you take before?

This gives me hope loll

Members don't see this ad :)
7 weeks? Easily enough time to take all of those you listed. I would recommend doing all 4 EK though. Much more AAMC-like than anything else.

Thanks everyone!

If you have the cash get the EK tests and some NS. If cash is an issue get as many EK as you can and do your Kaplan and TPR tests.
7 weeks? Easily enough time to take all of those you listed. I would recommend doing all 4 EK though. Much more AAMC-like than anything else.

If I bought all the EK exams, should I just split up the 3 Kaplan and 3 TPR that I have over the weekdays as practice? Or should I just ignore them all together. I'm really trying to utilize all that I have.

thats a great AAMC unscored compared to your nextstep fl 1.
When did you take NS fl 1? Which one did you take before?

This gives me hope loll
I am a re-taker so I took the exam back in January and had already done the unscored exam ~last November. The unscored was the first test I took because I knew it was a retake, so my scores would be higher, but I wanted to do it early to make sure that I have been improving and understanding the concepts. That was about two weeks ago. I took the NS 1 this past weekend.

Thanks everyone!

If I bought all the EK exams, should I just split up the 3 Kaplan and 3 TPR that I have over the weekdays as practice? Or should I just ignore them all together. I'm really trying to utilize all that I have.

I am a re-taker so I took the exam back in January and had already done the unscored exam ~last November. The unscored was the first test I took because I knew it was a retake, so my scores would be higher, but I wanted to do it early to make sure that I have been improving and understanding the concepts. That was about two weeks ago. I took the NS 1 this past weekend.

I would do all the EK tests and sure if you have time go ahead and do the Kaplan/TPR tests but don't burn yourself out and make sure you review weak areas.

Also from what I've gathered when you retake the AAMC score it is inflated by 2-3 points. So nice job.