Which forum?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheDBird90

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Where should I post questions that I need help with something medical? For example, if I study anatomy, and I don't understand something specific, could I ask it on this site/forum? I keep on forgetting to say that I'm not a med student, will not be one, and just want to learn medicine out of personal interest. I love learning how the human body works. I absolutely do not want to practice medicine (really don't want to see patients); I'm just more into the research side of things, so I'm considering Medical Laboratory Science. Is this site mainly for medical students? Maybe I need to take my questions somewhere else. I do love this site though. :)

And another thing, if I can't figure out what illness I had more than a week ago, can I ask it here? I googled it and there's something like 124 possible illnesses...

Members don't see this ad.

1. Unless the question is directly part of a standardized exam (MCAT, USMLE, boards, shelfs etc.), it's better to not to ask it here since SDN isn't for homework help

2. Any medical problems you may be having should be referred to your physician

1. Unless the question is directly part of a standardized exam (MCAT, USMLE, boards, shelfs etc.), it's better to not to ask it here since SDN isn't for homework help

2. Any medical problems you may be having should be referred to your physician

OK then, I'll look elsewhere. I assume this site is for medical students anyway.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Google + YouTube. Try it out.

Reactions: 1 user
There are research forums that you might be interested in (Research Forums)

However, you can't ask about your first question because we don't permit homework help on SDN and you can't ask your last question because SDN isn't for medical advice - you should talk to a doctor in real life.

There are research forums that you might be interested in (Research Forums)

However, you can't ask about your first question because we don't permit homework help on SDN and you can't ask your last question because SDN isn't for medical advice - you should talk to a doctor in real life.

I understand. Thank you very much. I really should have thought about the second question; don't want to get into any legal trouble. Thanks again.