Jun 1, 2012
Status
Pre-Dental
I am about to go ask a few of my professors for letters of recommendation and I have typed up a resume. I am wondering which GPA to list on my resume.

I could put my overall GPA but that's the lowest because of the dual enrollment classes I took in high school which are factored in. So should I put my major GPA which is the highest? Or my University GPA?

Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks.

Reactions: Accordion

2THDDS

2+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2014
Status
Pre-Dental
Just hand him the copy of your transcript. And write overall GPA and major gpa so theres no confusion unless your transcript looka absolutely horrible.

wjc

5+ Year Member
Dec 19, 2013
Status
Dental Student
Put either your university GPA or your major gpa, whichever is higher for you resume and label it as such. Leave the other off.Truthful self promotion is not a bad thing.

I got a good job with the 4.0 I earned in my new degree. Put my old degree at a different school down, but left the gpa off. If asked, I would tell you I got that degree with a 2.7 gpa, no need to volunteer it though. If your professor asks about the rest, be honest.

With AADSAS you will have to report everything, but a professor that highlights some aspect of your performance in an LOR can't hurt.

OP
M
Jun 1, 2012
Status
Pre-Dental
Why do you need a resume for LORs? I must have missed something...
In order for the professor to have an idea of your experience/involvement. I have also heard that a personal statement stating why you are choosing to pursue dentistry is recommended but I'm not sure if its required...anyone know about this?