which graduate linkage / Postbaccalaureate program are much considerate with low mcat score

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

graciala

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
please past graduates share some of your experience for those of us stressed in this journey.
There are many linkage masters/ postbac program all over the country for low mcat and gpa.
However after taking a year away, (cost, family, job) for it what is the assurance of getting in if you mcat is still bad like below 500
I am non traditional and non science student am yet to take my mcat but scared.
Which list of linkage programs that may be worth the sacrifice if you meet the program gpa but still not the minimum mcat score?
especially being a PA over 8yrs and ogpa 3.6~
A lot of linkage programs have minimum ogpa 3.5 and mcat of 504 and few 498~ for interview /admission
Do we have anyone who met their minimum ogpa but had lower mcat yet was able to get in?????? Can my PA experience help anywhere also??
1 yr of moving out of california whithout some assurances can be though but willing to try anywhere if program mcat req won't be rigit.
I am checking LECOM, MHS, CDU, UC Postbaccalaureate Consortium they need gpa 3.5 but not clear of mcat minimum.
Did anyone used their program into medical school if mcat is still low? it says if willing to serve underserved areas
No doubt the best solution is to do well in the mcat then case close but realistically has been tough.
I may be forced into taking the mcat by june so by august so I can make a tough decision on some of these linkage programs on time,
however my mcat preparation has not been great so will like to stretch to september which can't be if i want to try any of these programs.
1. which list of california linkage program is best for me.
which list is also best for me nationwide????

thanks for your help

Members don't see this ad.

It sounds like you need to focus on the MCAT instead of putting all of your effort towards finding a program that will give you a break for doing poorly. What are you doing to study for the MCAT and why do you think it's not working?

Reactions: 1 user
It sounds like you need to focus on the MCAT instead of putting all of your effort towards finding a program that will give you a break for doing poorly. What are you doing to study for the MCAT and why do you think it's not working?

i agree with you 100% the best strategy is to focus on passing the mcat exam, case close
I just need to take some days off work and just concentrate on a better studies strategy for the mcat.
how did u do it? any advise on how to study efficiently ?

Members don't see this ad :)
UVM has a very forgiving linkage with UNECOM and its own medical school. For UNE, I think it's something like 508 & 3.2. 3.5 and 510 guarantees an interview at UVM I believe. If you aren't able to hit that benchmark, you should take more time. The application process is unbelievably expensive and mentally taxing, especially as a non-trad with so much on the line for your family.

For advice on how to get a decent MCAT score while working full time, I'd recommend posting in the non-trad forum. In my experience, even 3-5 weeks of dedicated study time, after several months of disciplined part-time studying, should be enough. Unfortunately there's no get-rich quick here. You have to have a study plan and stick to it. There are countless study plans here and on r/premed that will do the trick.

i agree with you 100% the best strategy is to focus on passing the mcat exam, case close
I just need to take some days off work and just concentrate on a better studies strategy for the mcat.
how did u do it? any advise on how to study efficiently ?
plenty of threads on MCAT prep. Use khan academy for review if you're looking for a free source. Do not take the MCAT until you take practice tests and are scoring within your desired range.

• Hmm
UVM has a very forgiving linkage with UNECOM and its own medical school. For UNE, I think it's something like 508 & 3.2. 3.5 and 510 guarantees an interview at UVM I believe. If you aren't able to hit that benchmark, you should take more time. The application process is unbelievably expensive and mentally taxing, especially as a non-trad with so much on the line for your family.

For advice on how to get a decent MCAT score while working full time, I'd recommend posting in the non-trad forum. In my experience, even 3-5 weeks of dedicated study time, after several months of disciplined part-time studying, should be enough. Unfortunately there's no get-rich quick here. You have to have a study plan and stick to it. There are countless study plans here and on r/premed that will do the trick.

thank you, seems to be way

plenty of threads on MCAT prep. Use khan academy for review if you're looking for a free source. Do not take the MCAT until you take practice tests and are scoring within your desired range.

thank you, will do