which GS CBT's are the best?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

0xygen

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
so the majority on here agree that kaplan 1-6 FL's are better than 7-12...
what about the GS CBT's?

Members don't see this ad.

The GS are crappy imo but my favs out of those is 1,3, and 6. The other were loaded will long math problems, completely wrong, or just have nothing to do with anything. The verbal doesn't get any better in any of them. A positive though, now that I ahave moved on to AAMC tests and TBR tests I am not over whelmed by the subject material any more.

Members don't see this ad :)
From what I have read it doesn't seem like anyone likes the GS tests.

Well the thing is that I want to take 20 FLs.. AAMC's and TBR's add up to 15 so I'm looking for 5 more. I want to take kaplan's FL but, of course, I'm not taking their course. So I wanted to go with 5 of GS exams... :/

The GS are crappy imo but my favs out of those is 1,3, and 6. The other were loaded will long math problems, completely wrong, or just have nothing to do with anything. The verbal doesn't get any better in any of them. A positive though, now that I ahave moved on to AAMC tests and TBR tests I am not over whelmed by the subject material any more.

Practice MCATs and topical problem sets overweighted with quantitative problems relative to the genuine MCAT is common across practically all MCAT study materials with Cracking the MCAT and the Barrons being so far off as to be useful for only that type of practice. However, many premedical students are completely rusty at plug-and-chug. Even though the entire physical sciences section will have 10 or less problems with numbers for answers, you may need to weight your practice to over-sample that type of problem solving to get to a comfortable using physics equations again. If you peg your practice strictly by the AAMC and not your strengths and weaknesses, over all of your months of study, you will only solve a couple of problems using the four equations of kinematics, for example, and you won't have the skill set mastered you need for the test. This is easy to do if you only use 'real' MCATs and MCAT materials weighted to be a simulacra of real AAMC tests. Another benefit to crummy practice tests is that knowing it is a bit off can lower your anxiety about the outcome. My feeling is that the Gold Standard MCATs can be useful. They are not crap, in other words, but to present them as 'practice MCATs' Dr. Ferdinand should have done a better job to make them true to the AAMC.