which gunnertraining feature do you like the most?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

trgf

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Since so many students speak so highly of Gunnertraining, I thought it would be nice to see what things they like most...also, I would like to get an idea of what subject they felt was the most high yield of all? I've read from someone that micro/immuno was covered very well; Personally I feel that psychiatry was the most comprehensive and well covered of all subjects, followed by the reproductive system.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
The #1 reason I use and love Gunner Training so much is it's pretty much all there. Better still, it's like paying someone to sit down and plan out my study schedule as well as give me the material. There's definitely room for improvement, I think their neuro could use some work and the spacing algorithm is kind of stupid. But it's gotten a lot better with time.

I would kill for them to put in some keyboard commands, all the clicking is killing my wrist. There should be a control panel for manipulating questions and the algorithm, including a mechanism for showing your projected test date and moving questions sooner accordingly.

Hands down it's the single best resource and it's pretty cheap. The only problem is it takes so much time. Realistically, about a year depending on the person.

I also regret covering biochemistry early. Some of those questions are just so pointless and low yield. Other than that I think they did a really good job. This type of active, spaced learning based off of current research is where medical education should be rather than crap like FA, BRS, Kaplan and pirated videos.

How many cards are you able to get through in a day? It takes me forever to go through my review cards, so it's progressing quite slowly and some days I have up to 500 cards backed up! I absolutely love the program, but sometimes I get so frustrated with how slow my progress is. I am definitely sticking with it though because I can see it translate very nicely when I do my Qbank questions. GT is sort of like a demanding lover...if you ignore it for one day, it punishes you by putting your cards in the "we think you may have forgotten it" bin, but if you treat it nicely and pay your dues daily, it sure puts out! :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
I like GT because it hones in on what I need to know. For classes I've been reading through the books/notes once before going through GT - GT cuts through a lot of the extraneous material and gets at what I should be retaining.

At least, I think so. I'm at the end of first year and have only been using it for a couple months. While it could be improved, I think the company is working hard on it and I'm happy with what it's done for me.

The #1 reason I use and love Gunner Training so much is it's pretty much all there. Better still, it's like paying someone to sit down and plan out my study schedule as well as give me the material. There's definitely room for improvement, I think their neuro could use some work and the spacing algorithm is kind of stupid. But it's gotten a lot better with time.

I would kill for them to put in some keyboard commands, all the clicking is killing my wrist. There should be a control panel for manipulating questions and the algorithm, including a mechanism for showing your projected test date and moving questions sooner accordingly.

Hands down it's the single best resource and it's pretty cheap. The only problem is it takes so much time. Realistically, about a year depending on the person.

I also regret covering biochemistry early. Some of those questions are just so pointless and low yield. Other than that I think they did a really good job. This type of active, spaced learning based off of current research is where medical education should be rather than crap like FA, BRS, Kaplan and pirated videos.
That is interesting regarding biochem. What do you think are good topics to start with?

Honestly you should start with your weakest topics, or whatever you covered last, until you're finished.

I did micro first, and even though it sucked at the time, it's helped a lot since I've covered it over and over and over. Same for the psych / behavioral / pharm / renal / tumor markers ... if it's something that's heavy on memorization, hit it early so it gives you more time.

I didn't realize it when I started, but the more you cover early the better. Gives you more time to review and there's less pressure leading up to your exam date.