Which is better for externships?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Aqualgirl2307

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys which company is better for externships FMGportal or Americlerkships? Pls reply. thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Neither.

There is NO reason at all why you should pay them to do something you can do yourself for free. These companies are preying on the naivete, desparation and ignorance of FMGs.

I think that there are some misinformed doctors out there that believe that gaining medical liability insured hands on clinical training after graduation is something that is easily done. You have to have the proper insurance coverage in order for your clinical training to be acceptable. You also need to be in a structured environment with goals and objectives that are followed, not just following someone around in their practice without direction.

Last edited by a moderator:
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! I have done 36 weeks of rotation with Americlerkships and all were excellent/outstanding rotations. I feel insured-hands on clinical experience gave me more opportunities to perform/out-perform. This was because I had more privileges than the regular "extern" either in the hospital or in the outpatient practice. This was because I had liability insurance. I was also trained by Chairmans in their specialty. The training also gave me a real perspective on medical practice today-all angles of it-and truly feeling responsible for a patient's life. Overall this has been a turning point in my life. Again this was because it was structured around my needs. There were several people working with me to see that my needs were met. Therefore it was personalized. Highly recommended. Outstanding service. Finders keepers......

Just a reminder that all companies offering these things should be thoroughly researched before signing any agreement. As winged scapula said, there should be No cost involved. Your own medical schools should have malpractice insurance offered. However, I know some systems work differently than the western european / american systems and this may not be provided. You should ask each place you're interested in performing electives if they have a list of insurance providers that will match their needs.