which is better for medical apps

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zaid84

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi , i am planning to buy a smartphone so which is better for medical apps , android or iphone ???

Members don't see this ad.

Haha. You declare Android a winner because it requires every Android phone to pull a market share higher than the 1 and only Apple phone.

Actually, Samsung alone just overtook apple in market share, but even without that android having the highest market share means that developers will focus on android first. Aside from market share, android dominates the iphone in functionality and customization.

Actually, Samsung alone just overtook apple in market share, but even without that android having the highest market share means that developers will focus on android first.

As a developer, that is Not what it means. A lot of factors go into choices as to which platform to develop for, and market share isn't the only one. For me it isn't even on the radar.

As a developer, that is Not what it means. A lot of factors go into choices as to which platform to develop for, and market share isn't the only one. For me it isn't even on the radar.

I was speaking as a developer. I'm sure that some devs have other priorities, but many want to have the largest market for their apps. Also, the ease of entry into the android market is another plus in my book.

I was speaking as a developer. I'm sure that some devs have other priorities, but many want to have the largest market for their apps. Also, the ease of entry into the android market is another plus in my book.

Then you should qualify your statement as "some developers."

Then you should qualify your statement as "some developers."

I didn't say "all developers", I just said "developers." I don't think that has to be interpreted as speaking for every developer in the world.

It's implicit in your statements about market share, as if Android having greater market share means it's superior in medical apps, and blanket statements about "developers" implies most or all developers, which is a generalization, and IMO misdirects the OP.

It's implicit in your statements about market share, as if Android having greater market share means it's superior in medical apps, and blanket statements about "developers" implies most or all developers, which is a generalization, and IMO misdirects the OP.

I don't think it's misdirecting the OP to state my opinion, I think that is what he is looking for here. I fully believe that the majority (not all) of developers go where the biggest market is first. Android also has an easier market to get apps into and multiple market options. Additionally, android offers more choice in phone features and form factor as well as better customization.

I don't think it's misdirecting the OP to state my opinion, I think that is what he is looking for here. I fully believe that the majority (not all) of developers go where the biggest market is first. Android also has an easier market to get apps into and multiple market options. Additionally, android offers more choice in phone features and form factor as well as better customization.

I'd call that a radical interpretation of the text. I would wager that the OP was asking which platform has the better apps right now for medical purposes. Not which has "multiple market options...[and] better customization."

I'd call that a radical interpretation of the text. I would wager that the OP was asking which platform has the better apps right now for medical purposes. Not which has "multiple market options...[and] better customization."

It's not radical at all. I'd say medical apps are about even right now between android and iphone and the OP should definitely know what the future holds as far as apps go. He's most likely going to have the phone for two years at least.