Which Ivy is the best?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ohgee

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am just curious: which ivy league dental school (UPENN or Columbia or Harvard) has the best program? reputation, clinical strength, research/academic strength, placement to specialty, nation board etc....

Members don't see this ad.

I would have to say UPENN since it is the only one which treats it's students right. Has an emphasis on all areas of denistry including:

1.) Academics
2.) Research
3.) Clinical
4.) Philantropy (they require you to do 70 hours of community service, which I think is a step in a great direction).

Harvard is great if you strictly want to go to academics or research. Columbia tries to illustrate itself like UPENN but it hardly comes close in my opinion and many of my friends who go there.

**these are my opinions alone.

DesiDentist

Can you explain more specifically why U Penn is better then Columbia? Personally, I like the fact that U Penn has its won faculty for dental school, and at Columbia, the first two years are taught by med school professors.

Is U Penn more expensive then Columbia? I know U Penn's tuition is close to 40000 a year, but I have heard that Penn gave out more scholarship and student loan...( Is this true)

UPENN told me that it's very competitive to get scholarships...
last year, the avg GPA of ppl who get them i think it's 3.74..or 3.76 something like that...