which job?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

listener23

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been a chemistry tutor at my university for about a years and half, but i was just offered a position in the chemistry stock room. should I leave my current job? Which one looks better on my resume for med school? Should I try to work both?

Additional info: the pay is the same, and both jobs are not that demanding ( the stock room job is a little bit more demanding)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You were offered a job that pays the same as your current one and is slightly more demanding but you're not sure what to do?

No one will care either way, but obviously keep your tutoring gig unless you don't enjoy it.

Members don't see this ad :)
are you a tutor in a tutoring center or are you a private tutor? if you're in a tutoring center it might be more fun and pay more if you can do private tutoring. stocking glassware sounds horrible

are you a tutor in a tutoring center or are you a private tutor? if you're in a tutoring center it might be more fun and pay more if you can do private tutoring. stocking glassware sounds horrible

I work in a center.

Tutoring looks better.
You say the tutoring is less work.
You already know how to do it/are comfortable
Holding a consistent long term job looks better
They pay the same.

Questions?