Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Which jobs to add to the Experiences section?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by arc5005, May 13, 2018.

1. arc5005

7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I understand we are adding things that are most relevant to our experiences that contribute towards medical school such as: volunteer work, college internships, research experiences (i don't have any), and healthcare experiences into the experiences section, but should we add other jobs, like say someone worked as a part-time in retail or in the dining hall, or etc.. for 1, 2,3, 4 years (or some other significant duration) through college?

I'm at about 10 experiences with all my volunteering, internships, and paid jobs. Figured I'd use 1 more spot to group all my shadowing experiences under one, and then wasn't sure if I should add at least 1 other for a 2 year part-time position at a retail store? For a total of 12 out of the 15 available experiences spots.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. KaioKaizen

KaioKaizen Spaghet Boi

Pre-Medical
    If that job helped you in any way: spiritually, mentally, etc. then elaborate on that in the description section. If it was insignificant, don't bother.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. OP
    OP
    arc5005

7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    how about if it was for pure financial reasons that were discussed in personal statement?

4. KaioKaizen

KaioKaizen Spaghet Boi

Pre-Medical
    I'd say you could mention it and maybe rope in a little spiel about how it helped you with interpersonal interactions, working in a group setting, etc. to make it seem like it did help you not only financially.

arc5005 likes this.
  5. TheLeadSeed

5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I may be wrong, but I don’t think AACOMAS has the 15 experience limit that AMCAS has? I listed my experiences on AACOMAS the other day and am pretty sure I put more than 15.

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile