• AMA with Certified Student Loan Professional

Join SDN on December 7th at 6:00 PM Eastern as we host Andrew Paulson of StudentLoanAdvice.com for an AMA webinar. He'll be answering your questions about how to best manage your student loans. Register now!

Which Kaplan Test is the closet one to the real MCAt?

Dr.D-man

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 13, 2005
  1. Pre-Medical
    What does it matter? Just use them for what they are for... practice. There is not going to be a practice test like your real MCAT. If there is, it would be by complete chance. Some MCATs are harder than others. I wish people would stop asking this question. No offense to the OP.

About the Ads

vicinihil

Moderator Emeritus
    10+ Year Member
    Aug 12, 2004
    1. Resident [Any Field]
      i think the problem is that we have too many gunners out for themselves. People have to start realizing this is a help each other forum where we HELP EACH OTHER.

I'm not sure if Kaplan FL's are good gauges because Kaplan, a money making enterprise, will try and show you a "score improvement" throughout the course by downscaling the difficulty of their tests. So i'm not sure if the latter ones (4,5) are adequate comparison for the real test. However, try some of the ones in 6-11.

Kikaku21

10+ Year Member
      May 10, 2006
      1. Medical Student
        bunnybear said:
        hey guys, which Kaplan test do you think are the best ones and closet one to the real MCAt? By the way our EK exams good indicative of how you do on the MCAt??

I'm starting to feel like none of them are. Take an AAMC test instead. There are a lot of differences. If you took the Kaplan class, they would give you practice tests 1 - 5 in order. Generally speaking, the tests get easier as you go. There is a separate curve (conversion) for each of them, but notice that the curve really doesn't change THAT MUCH. So, there is your score increase as you go. Regardless of whether you are ACTUALLY getting better, you will probably get better.

Take an AAMC. 7, 8, and 9 are supposedly closest to the real thing.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        7. This thread is locked.