Which Kaplan Test is the closet one to the real MCAt?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bunnybear

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys, which Kaplan test do you think are the best ones and closet one to the real MCAt? By the way our EK exams good indicative of how you do on the MCAt??

Members don't see this ad.

ANNIE8 said:
Actually I heard that Kaplan fl 2 is the exact test that will be given in august.

no need for your completely unhelpful comments.

What does it matter? Just use them for what they are for... practice. There is not going to be a practice test like your real MCAT. If there is, it would be by complete chance. Some MCATs are harder than others. I wish people would stop asking this question. No offense to the OP.

Members don't see this ad :)
It matters when time is limited, and the best practice is practice that is similar to the real thing. If we had all the time we wanted, then hell yea, let's do all of em, what does it matter which is closer to the real one?

i think the problem is that we have too many gunners out for themselves. People have to start realizing this is a help each other forum where we HELP EACH OTHER.

I'm not sure if Kaplan FL's are good gauges because Kaplan, a money making enterprise, will try and show you a "score improvement" throughout the course by downscaling the difficulty of their tests. So i'm not sure if the latter ones (4,5) are adequate comparison for the real test. However, try some of the ones in 6-11.

bunnybear said:
hey guys, which Kaplan test do you think are the best ones and closet one to the real MCAt? By the way our EK exams good indicative of how you do on the MCAt??

I hurd from many people that FL 2 is good.

bunnybear said:

I'm starting to feel like none of them are. Take an AAMC test instead. There are a lot of differences. If you took the Kaplan class, they would give you practice tests 1 - 5 in order. Generally speaking, the tests get easier as you go. There is a separate curve (conversion) for each of them, but notice that the curve really doesn't change THAT MUCH. So, there is your score increase as you go. Regardless of whether you are ACTUALLY getting better, you will probably get better.

Take an AAMC. 7, 8, and 9 are supposedly closest to the real thing.