Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Which letter service? Interfolio/Virtual Evals?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Daydreamer2008, Feb 27, 2007.

1. Daydreamer2008

Pre-Medical
    Hi all,
    I went to UC schools (Cali) and none had a pre-med committee, so this year I used my school letter service (UCLA) but ended up spending A LOT of money on letters ($25/school for expedited service b/c my school was RIDICULOUSLY slow in sending letters using the normal service).

Now for potential reapplication, I am thinking about switching to VirtualEvals--but the letter writers have to submit the letters directly to them right? Or Interfolio--how fast/how much is this service? Or use my undergrad-UC Berkeley-which was cheaper and faster when I used it for grad school apps.

Anyone have any advice?
    Thanks!

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. A Tree

Pre-Medical
    Someone correct me if I am wrong but I believe Virtualevals is only for advisors/pre-professional offices to submit letters to the school. So Interfolio would be the one for you. Don't know if there is another service along the same lines to compete with Interfolio.

4. JennyB

Resident [Any Field]
    I did the same thing - I paid the expedited rate and it definitely added up quickly! If you know you're going to apply, why don't you just use UCLA's system again, but do it earlier? That would probably be better than trying to use another service. Doesn't it look better if you use your school's service?

5. Disinence2

Disinence2 Emergency Medicine
    Physician

Attending Physician
    My school made us use virtual Eval. Other that having to put up with rather unfriendly office staff it made the process significantly easier.

6. hmm...

hmm... I yam what I yam

you can also you referencenow.com its a cheaper version of interfolio