Which Master's is better for DO application, Touro or LECOM?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrWiz

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have recently been accepted to the master's program at touro harlem for tourocom and the new master's program at LECOM.
I do not have to re take the MCAT for both programs to enter into their DO program. Touro would give an acceptance if I have at least 3.5 gpa at the end and LECOM will guarantee an interview if you get over 3.4 ish.
Which master's program is better? But also less strenuous/competitive while you are already in it?

Members don't see this ad.

LECOM gives interview over 3.0, acceptance over 3.4
Check out the curriculum for each and take into account that LECOM masters also has PBL. Whichever school you want to go to, you should do that masters, and then apply to other schools EALRY in the cycle

Reactions: 1 user
My plan is to apply to other schools early in the program. I just wanted people’s take on each of these programs that is beyond what the websites say.
What’s your take on PBL? I don’t see a downside to it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Check out the TouroCOM Masters thread in the post bacc/smp section on SDN. Especially look at posts from the last two pages from people in the program for a good idea of what the Middletown masters is like.

Check out the curriculum for each and take into account that LECOM masters also has PBL. Whichever school you want to go to, you should do that masters, and then apply to other schools EALRY in the cycle
I recommend the LECOM program

Reactions: 1 users

I think you’re referring to their post bac program rather than the masters program. If so, the post bac has moved to a 3.2 requirement for acceptance this year and I would not be surprised to see it trending in the same direction in the future (my opinion)

I think you’re referring to their post bac program rather than the masters program. If so, the post bac has moved to a 3.2 requirement for acceptance this year and I would not be surprised to see it trending in the same direction in the future (my opinion)
I am talking about the masters, I am a current student

I am talking about the masters, I am a current student
They do not guarantee acceptance over 3.4 but usually that is the cutoff. But you need over a 3.0 for interview.

OP: as for PBL, it is tough but I enjoy it. It takes a special student to stay on top of the readings but if you are wise with your time it is manageable and good, extensive board prep.

Stay away from the Touro Masters program, useless degree if you don't get in with 3.45

If the curriculum for the Touro Harlem masters is similar to the Middleton program, I would highly not recommend it. Just count the amount of credit hours per semester and the required GPA needed. It sounds almost impossible especially if you are that weaker student who didn't do so well in undergrad.