Which med school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dwswitzer

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, I am wondering which med school to go to. I haven't completed all of my secondaries yet just to give you an idea of where I am in the process. But I did everything "right" in undergrad so I think I'll be able to choose between at least two of the following schools. Does anyone have any preferences? I am applying to U. of Washington, Utah, Nevada, OHSU, Creighton, UC-Davis, Tulane, Minnesota- Minneapolis, Albany, Georgetown, George Washington University, North Dakota, and Emory.

Members don't see this ad.

If you can, I'd avoid Utah, Nevada, Albany, GW, and North Dakota. What are you interested in heading into?

Tim of New York City.

are you crazy U of U is a legit medical school much more highly regarded that many of the schools that you omitted from the scut list

Members don't see this ad :)
OK, so I'm crazy. I'm sure they're all fine and legitimate schools -- why wouldn't they be? This is just my personal list. Sheesh.

Tim of New York City.

U of U is nooot regarded as highly as University of MN-twin cities based on the US News rankings. Plus, it's in Utah...nuff said!

You will have an advantage applying to Washington since you're a MT resident. Coincidentally, this is one of the best schools on your list, and it is the best if you're looking to go into primary care (along with OHSU, I'd say).

advantage??? You cant get into the U wash MD program period unless you are from the WAMI

which utterly irritates me...... to completely stonewall anyone from out of area is just shocking...what if you like washington what do you do then

The WWAMI program is for people from Washington, Wyoming, Alaska, Montana, and Idaho. There's a certain number of spots at the UWSOM for residents from each of these states. dwswitzer will have an advantage, coming from Montana. On the other hand, OHSU is incredibly hard to get into if you're not from Oregon.
ayne, who goes to UW, although not the SOM (yet)