which medical schools are cheaper?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lexo

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm medical student in Georgia(NIS). Currently i'm left 3 years out of 7 yr medical curriculum. I wanna spent a year or more abroad. Is there any chances left? in fact I can't afford paying a lot of money for studying.

Members don't see this ad.

hmmm, don't want to discourage you, but I don't think a year abroad during med school would work. It's not as easy to go abroad during med school as it is in regular undergrad because med systems between the rest of the world and the US is so different. Because you've already completed 4th year, for many of international schools, you should already have been in clinical rotations, or just starting. You can email and see what they say. If you haven't started clinicals yet, maybe you can jump into the clinical part of international med schooling

Oh, i never answered your question. Irish schools aren't all that cheap, especially RCSI, but Trinity is cheaper than US schools...but it's still high...about $17,000. Aussie schools are around $15,000. UK schools are not cheap either....i've head eastern european schools are, but don't think you should take chances there. It's one of those things you have to look at websites for yourself and make sure

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks for reply. I've one more question,is there any gratns or scholarships for int students?

charles univ in prague is $10,500 a year. it is very cheap to live and study here. but there are some sketchy (just based on stories, not first hand!) programs in poland, hungary, romania...so be careful if you come to eastern europe, be ready to learn a language and a new culture.

but, you should really avoid a transfer or anything like that. find somewhere to do a few rotations if you want an international experience. pick a country you like that offers english school, or better yet, go to spain or mexico and work on your spanish. that would help a lot when you go home.

good luck!

you can try your local rotary association. There's a website, but i forgot it..just do a generic search. They usually have scholarships. Other ones that might work...a Mitchell scholarship can get you to Ireland, Marshall to a uni in the UK....but these are extremely prestigious and competitive scholarships, and I'm not sure how long term study would stand, especially in the middle of your med school years.

He means georgia, the former Soviet republic.... I don't think he would be eligable for a Marshall scholarship... I suspect he should conrtact his own ministries of education and health first and see what advise they can offer... It might be possible for him to do some clinical rotations elsewhere... Not to sound too jerking, but going elsewhere in eastern europe is probably not what he has in mind... I would suggest he see where he could do clinical rotations elsewhere in the world if I were him, while finishing the medical credential in Georgia (I think anything else would be too complicated--as in starting over... and also too expensive...)

jerkish, not jerking........must learn to type... or else spend some time in Freudian Analysis..

OOPS very sorry, didn't notice the location. Stupid me. One of my best friends is from Soviet Georgia. Hmm, I'm not sure how the system works there either. Perhaps you could see if you're eligible for any of the EU grants...I don't know if non-EU country citizens are eligible for programs or not.

look to latin america

its not that expensive here . costa rica

or panama