Which month did you apply for medical, dental or any other school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Which month did you apply for medical, dental or any other school?

• June

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • July

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • August

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • September

• October

• November

• December

• Total voters

Marie19393

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I want to know which month did you apply to a professional school. And also if you can add when did you took the admission test?

Taking an admission test in August and applying in September is too late?

I want to apply to dental school but I'm looking for the averages in different programs.

Help!

Members don't see this ad.

I did most of my applying in June/July for med school. I re-took the MCAT in May and had to wait for my grades. My grades aren't great, so the earlier the better for me. If your grades are phenomenal, you'll be fine, I suspect.
Many schools start interviewing right off the bat. Their first set of interviews can fill their seats for the year. There's nothing wrong with trying. You won't get anywhere at all if you don't, and you have a chance of getting there if you do.

I did most of my applying in June/July for med school. I re-took the MCAT in May and had to wait for my grades. My grades aren't great, so the earlier the better for me. If your grades are phenomenal, you'll be fine, I suspect.
Many schools start interviewing right off the bat. Their first set of interviews can fill their seats for the year. There's nothing wrong with trying. You won't get anywhere at all if you don't, and you have a chance of getting there if you do.

Thank you for your advice. I want to take the DAT earlier but its seems that I will probably do it in August. I will try if I can!

Reactions: 1 user