Which NBME was the hardest for you?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shigella123

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
In other forum students were reporting which NBME they thought was the hardest for them. Most said it was NBME 7. So, I wanted to know which NBME you guys think was the hardest for you?

Members don't see this ad.

Not to sound like a smartass but--why does it matter which was the hardest for me/another student?

Not to sound like a smartass but--why does it matter which was the hardest for me/another student?

For point of reference.

It makes me feel better to know a bunch of people found nbme 7 hard and didn't do well, and a few of them went on to get great scores, and I just did pretty decent on it, so maybe I'm in a not so bad position right now, you know?

I think 6 has seemed the hardest to me so far.
Ill rank what if done:

[Hardest] 6>5>4>7>1>2>3 [easiest]

Reactions: 1 users
16 was the hardest for me. I personally thought that 7 was way easier than Uworld and 16. 13 was in the middle

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank's guys. It helps to know what others thought about the assessment and that I was not the only one who felt that way about the assessment.

I would say 16. I personally felt like 7 was straight forward. They all hit on the same topics, but from different angles, so other factors such as question stem length should be considered.

Reactions: 1 user
12 > 7 > 11

I felt 12 was harder in a "fair" way ("wow, good question") with more integrations, distractors, and critical thinking. Fewer WTF's, and instead the questions were in general moderately difficult. 7 was hard in an "unfair" way ("What? Why would you ask that?").

12 > 7 > 11

I felt 12 was harder in a "fair" way ("wow, good question") with more integrations, distractors, and critical thinking. Fewer WTF's, and instead the questions were in general moderately difficult. 7 was hard in an "unfair" way ("What? Why would you ask that?").

That's funny. To me, 12 and 7 were easier than 11.

I would say 16. I personally felt like 7 was straight forward. They all hit on the same topics, but from different angles, so other factors such as question stem length should be considered.

Very good point... Do you guys think one NBME focuses more on one topic than the other? Or are they all equally testing all topics?