Which of the following do you think is a better choice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Alakazam123

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm not going to specify which school, but my school has a post-bac program that allows you to get into an MD program if you get a minimum of a B in each class.

If I apply to MD and DO schools and get a DO acceptance, but am eligible for the post-bac in the MD program, should I rescind my admission to the DO school?

To specify, one only becomes eligible for the post-bac if they have first been rejected from the school, and then they go through a brief interview process before potential acceptance. Also the post-bac program has a guaranteed stipend attached to it, so you are not allowed to hold a part-time job and are essentially paid to study.

Members don't see this ad.

Also another plan I was considering was the following: Apply to only MD schools this year and give it a shot. If I get rejected by all of them, then apply MD and DO next cycle. Would this be a good choice too?

Also another plan I was considering was the following: Apply to only MD schools this year and give it a shot. If I get rejected by all of them, then apply MD and DO next cycle. Would this be a good choice too?

If you had a DO acceptance and no MD acceptances, would you want to turn it down for another shot at MD? If so, I think it’s reasonable to apply MD only and then add in DO schools on a second cycle, as long as you can afford applying twice.

Reactions: 1 users
See if you can contact one of the students in the post-bac and find out how many find success in the program. Not to say you wouldn't beat the odds, but it would be much more helpful in your decision than input from people who are trying to give you answers with a vague description of your situation.