MD Which of the following schools aren't OOS, non-traditional friendly?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Syns

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
There are people on this forum with a wealth of knowledge about school's preferences. Please share your insights with me!

BU
Vermont
Wake forst
Medical College Wisconsin
Jefferson
Tufts
VCU
Temple
Saint Louis
Creighton
Oakland-B
Cooper
EVMS
Rush
Wright State
WVU
Loyola
TCMC
SUNY Downstate
Drexel
Albany
Rosanlind Franklin UoM
New York Medical College
Quinnipac
Western MI

I need to remove schools off this list. Suggestions please!

Members don't see this ad.

Buy a MSAR subscription. It will help with these types of questions and with narrowing down your list further, if necessary.

The schools aren't going to openly state that they're not non-trad-friendly. It is subtle: I would say Jefferson is not nontrad-friendly with their odd LOR requirement of one letter from biology, chemistry, physics, and humanities. It's hard for a nontrad to maintain connections with all those professors.

Members don't see this ad :)
The schools aren't going to openly state that they're not non-trad-friendly. It is subtle: I would say Jefferson is not nontrad-friendly with their odd LOR requirement of one letter from biology, chemistry, physics, and humanities. It's hard for a nontrad to maintain connections with all those professors.

Thank you.

I'm aware of the OOS data tables out there, I need specifically non-traditional OOS information. An example of why this is complicated: some schools may have 20% acceptance OOS but are not non-traditional friendly or have specific regional contracts to accept X of total incoming medical schools from Y state (the opposite might also be true, schools privately holding OOS spots for non-traditionals). There are MANY, MANY reasons why this isn't as simple as using MSAR/AMCAS data to do this. I don't believe there is anything wrong in asking for help to avoid re-inventing the wheel. If you can help me, I would deeply appreciate it.

thank you.

I'm aware of the OOS data tables out there, I need specifically non-traditional OOS information. An example of why this is complicated: some schools may have 20% acceptance OOS but are not non-traditional friendly or have specific regional contracts to accept X of total incoming medical schools from Y state (the opposite might also be true, schools privately holding OOS spots for non-traditionals). There are MANY, MANY reasons why this isn't as simple as using MSAR/AMCAS data to do this. I don't believe there is anything wrong in asking for help to avoid re-inventing the wheel. If you can help me, I would deeply appreciate it.

thank you.

You gotta give us your stats background and residency for this to work

Reactions: 1 user
I do not think it is possible to answer this question. It is going to depend on the school, the year, who is interviewing you, what your history is, what your stats are etc....

thank you.
The only way I can see this question being answered is by many hours of digging through websites/threads, calling schools for feedback, and cross referencing all of that with the MSAR. As it stands this work hasn't been done yet. Looks like you might have to invent the wheel.

Dartmouth loves highly qualified non-trads. ~80%+ non-trad, I believe.
Brown loves non-trads that went to Brown.

Many of those schools are private and technically don't have a bias at all. Go buy the MSAR. It will help you a lot. You have to do your own research especially since you gave us no information.

Without knowing your state of residence or MCAT or GPA, at the minimum, keep

Vermont
Wake forst
Medical College Wisconsin
Jefferson
Tufts
VCU
Temple
Saint Louis
Creighton
Oakland-B
EVMS