which of these two classes does dental school like better?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RVCA7

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I need an elective and I don't know if I should take Intro to ecology&evolution or Dinosaurs? Dinosaurs is a 200 level class and ecol&evol is obviously an 100 level. I believe dinosaurs will be much more interesting but what do you guys think? Both are fairly easy class.

OR should I take a non-science class? lol. I have genetics, endocrinology, physiological psych and I need any elective (can be science or non science).

Members don't see this ad.

This is just my opinion, but seeing "Dinosaurs" on a transcript immediately makes me think of third graders in a museum. Take ecology and evolution. Haha

This is just my opinion, but seeing "Dinosaurs" on a transcript immediately makes me think of third graders in a museum. Take ecology and evolution. Haha

Thats exactly what I have in mind!!! but dinosaurs require more memorization of anatomy and cladograms LOL...

appreciate the response.

Members don't see this ad :)
Dental schools will literally not care at all which one you take. Just take whichever one will be easier to get the A in.

EDIT: Also, a class on dinosaurs is not much different than anthropology, paleontology, or archeology... which are all very respected academic disciplines.

Dental schools will literally not care at all which one you take. Just take whichever one will be easier to get the A in.

EDIT: Also, a class on dinosaurs is not much different than anthropology, paleontology, or archeology... which are all very respected academic disciplines.

I see..

thanks.

I see..

thanks.

Adcoms simply don't have the time to look through every class of every applicant.... They look at the GPA, DAT, LORs and EC's. They might browse through the transcripts just to make sure there are no D's and F's, but that's about it.

Neither. So take the most interesting class. It's a biased question because dental schools might not even "like" either classes. They could dislike or be apathetic.