Which one better Meharry or Nova?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

masoud

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got into both meharr dental school and Nova, but I don't know which one to choose, please if anyone know about the school and which would be a better school write me and help me in my decision. Thanks
masoud

Members don't see this ad.

I think you should go to Meharry. :p

It's the better school.

Actually, NOVA is the best.... I love that school so much...still waiting for an interview.

So, go to Nova.... it's not even an issue... I'm sure mostly everyone will agree with me.

Sorry about the last post-- I wish everyone would go to other schools and leave at least one space open for me at Nova. My conscience got to me... I must be honest!!!

4.oo :eek: :D ;) :cool:

Members don't see this ad :)
fourpointohoh
hahaha, you made me laugh alot, well, I hope you get into Nova. So, you think Nova is better. do you know any Negative points about Meharry? if so can you tell me about it.
thanks

Hi Masoud!

Well, people don't really speak too highly of Meharry. I don't know too much about it except that they are rumored of having the lowest acceptance stats. I heard they are also in a bad area, and I don't know if you went to Nova for an interview yet, but NOVA is in the most beautiful area... it's not too expensive considering the education you get, weather, area, etc.

I love Nova!!! Thanks for the luck... and don't make the biggest mistake of your life, go to the best school!!! hehe

4.oo :p :eek: :rolleyes: :D

Hey 4.00,

Why do you love Nova so much? I interviewed there, and I liked the school, but do you think it's too new to have a solid reputation yet?

Thanks guys for the input, well, as far as the area, I agree that it is in a bad area, however, it is a very old school and I think meharry is one of the oldest dental school in the nation while nova is very new. I think that is its plus. as far as acceptence stats, I think you are rigt i just looked at it, however, acceptence is not based on DAt and GPA but on your charac and being a minority. Well, I would appriciate more input from anyone who knows more.
thank you all
merrcy Christmass and happy holidays.
shawn

fourpointohoh
Thanks a lot. I wish you the best and I hope you get into the school that you want ( NOVA ) ...
good luck
merry christmass and happy holidays
masoud

Masoud,

I applied and got accepted to Meharry. I think it is a great school. I found the faculty and students to be really friendly and I liked the small class size. The fourth years actually know people from the first year....you can't say that for most of the dental schools b/c they are so huge! Anyways, the board passing rates are pretty good. I also liked the schools long history. In the end, we will all be dentists so just choose the school that feels right for you!
Also, I don't think it is the "easiest school to get in"--especially when you consider the number of apps vs. interviews vs. class size.

pakgirl

hey Masoud,

Do you mind posting your stats/extracur.? I'm applying next year and NOVA sounds good. When did you apply? How did you do on your DAT? Thanks in advance.

DesiD. ;)

Pakgirl
so are you gonna go to Meharry? I decided to go to meharry for two reasons,
1) less expenssive
2) experienced School
If you go there, hope I will see you
thanks

Hey Guys,
I wuold love to get some input about Meharry. I have an interview there next Friday. I would really appreciate if somebody could shadow some of their experiences about the school and the interview.
Thanx