Which one has a greater molar solubility?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

libraryismyhome

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
moz-screenshot.png

I think it's KI, but the answer is KNO3 somehow.

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• 1.gif
    1.gif
    3.5 KB · Views: 71
Is this from BR CBT 4? There were 2 questions in that passage so maybe you mixed them up? The first question asked about molar solubility and the answer is definitely KI. The answer was correct on my test. The second question was which has a higher boiling point. They supply a graph which shows that KNO3 has a higher boiling point.

Although for the second question, if there was no graph, I could have picked KI because of its higher MW...

Is this from BR CBT 4? There were 2 questions in that passage so maybe you mixed them up? The first question asked about molar solubility and the answer is definitely KI. The answer was correct on my test. The second question was which has a higher boiling point. They supply a graph which shows that KNO3 has a higher boiling point.

Although for the second question, if there was no graph, I could have picked KI because of its higher MW...

oh snap, you are right :D

Members don't see this ad :)
i narrowed it down to two choices namelyl KI, and KBr.
KI - 62.1/102.1 = ~0.61
KBr- 75.4/119 = ~0.63

so why is the answer KI and not KBr? (assuming molar solubility is # of moles dissolved per liter until solution becomes saturated i.e. look for compound w/ higher # of moles)?

Last edited:
i narrowed it down to two choices namelyl KI, and KBr.
KI - 62.1/102.1 = ~0.61
KBr- 75.4/119 = ~0.63

so why is the answer KI and not KBr? (assuming molar solubility is # of moles dissolved per liter until solution becomes saturated i.e. look for compound w/ higher # of moles)?

Because you read the table wrong.