Which one is good Stonybrook or NYU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sadaf

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi
I want to get information which one is good in ranking,student /teacher ratio,patients availability,fees etc and getting job responses after graduating from each

Members don't see this ad.

gettin into stony brook is tough as hell thats for sure!

facilities similiar to a high tech ranch!--nice digitalization!
class nearly 40...very very very few out of staters!

class size is actually 36...only two other schools have smaller class size. Very nice facility, friendly faculty (although i've heard mixed reviews as well). NYU...i think they stop counting after 250, and you might have to arm wrestle people for supply. Stony all the way.

Members don't see this ad :)
Listen don't count the competitiveness of the school as a positive thing. You have to look at everything. I realise that stony brook is cheaper (way cheaper) but is its clinic as strong as that of that of NYU? (not a rhetorical question)

Tuition ONLY at Stony: 60,000

Tuition at ONLY NYU: 200,000

If you think that it is worth paying $140,000 for the "benefits" of attending NYU, whatever they may be (clinic experience, NYC lifestyle, etc) then you have your answer.

If I have the good fortune of choosing between these two schools after applying, you can find me in traffic on the LIE!!!

Listen don't count the competitiveness of the school as a positive thing. You have to look at everything. I realise that stony brook is cheaper (way cheaper) but is its clinic as strong as that of that of NYU? (not a rhetorical question)

Actually Stony Brook is very strong clinically. They get you in the clinics very early and you see as many if not more patients than you would at NYU.

I've heard nightmare stories about NYU from people who went there. I also have a couple of co-residents who went there and are now trying to pay off debt of 400K! THey told me that in this past year as residents they did not start paying their loans back and another 20K in interest was added to the amount they owe.

Stony Brook is definitely the way to go.

I've heard nightmare stories about NYU from people who went there. I also have a couple of co-residents who went there and are now trying to pay off debt of 400K! THey told me that in this past year as residents they did not start paying their loans back and another 20K in interest was added to the amount they owe.

Stony Brook is definitely the way to go.

Wow! Some major $$$ baggage. Good luck to them. Given the choice, SB is definitely the less expensive the way to go.