Which one of y'all is rolling in it

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MDapplicant578124

2+ Year Member
Reaction score

First guy in this vid is a radiation oncologist who is making a killing

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
RickyScott and sirspamalot!.. medgator low to mid millions per year likely. I’m employed so I get my one car every 10 years from CarMax.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Move over Bob Timmerman... The guy in the vid is now my rad onc hero.

season 2 GIF

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
I wish, in my old days 2M/yr was doable. Now, I'm just a lonely # type of guy.

But, I have 2 "things" going on that could result in some nice outcome(s). Stay tuned.

And here I am debating whether I should "treat" myself by buying a 50K genesis to upgrade from my 13 year old car

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Debating things is what we do. It's generally not necessary. Either way you go things will be fine

I've always envied those who can just decide to buy or do something without endless internal debate.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Is rad onc similar to cataracts in ophtho where the top 1-5% are doing a large portion of the treatment? Leading to the huge spread where the top people make well into 7 figures but the median is much lower

I'm rolling in something, but it ain't money!

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

First guy in this vid is a radiation oncologist who WAS making a killing

Corrected that.....

Probably an IMG that matched radonc 20+ years ago.

The doc I replaced in our practice had it like that. Honestly.... I don't think I can name a single person from my cohort that has it like that.

Reactions: 2 users
I believe that rad onc was part of an initially very lucrative physician investor rad onc "real estate venture" that basically went belly up a few years ago. They were raking it in at the beginning (millions a year) but then competitors pushed back with their own ventures, and Mr. Stark caught up with the non rad onc investors and management company.

How does medgator make so much money lol, does he own a machine or something

The other car enthusiasts in the video are in sales, oil and gas, natural gas commodities trading, Internet BS like SEO and affiliate marketing, UFC. High finance like PE and quant and FAANG are notoriously absent. My guess is this is on the gulf coast. I’m too lazy to look up the YouTuber’s location and city.

Anyways, the fact that we have a guess as to the identity of this rad onc suggests such rainmaker folks are the rare exception rather than the rule, like the Beverly Hills plastic surgeon with the $80 million mansion.

The other car enthusiasts in the video are in sales, oil and gas, natural gas commodities trading, Internet BS like SEO and affiliate marketing, UFC. High finance like PE and quant and FAANG are notoriously absent. My guess is this is on the gulf coast. I’m too lazy to look up the YouTuber’s location and city.

Anyways, the fact that we have a guess as to the identity of this rad onc suggests such rainmaker folks are the rare exception rather than the rule, like the Beverly Hills plastic surgeon with the $80 million mansion.

Track was Circuit of the Americas in Austin, which explains the oil and gas and internet stuff. There are PE guys at those COTA track days and some Tesla guys as well, but anything in Texas will lean heavily towards oil and gas. Having said that, COTA is the only FIA grade 1 road course in the country and only F1 track in North America that hosts track days (Miami, Montreal, Mexico, and soon to be Vegas are all street courses), so enthusiasts from all over will bring their equipment to run it.

Best street car I've ever seen out there was a McLaren Senna. Owner even hired a pro for the day to see how much speed he could wring out of it.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Has anyone bought or driven a Rivian? I'm kinda interested in one.

I have several friends with them. They all absolutely love them. My only concern is regarding longevity of the company. If the company goes under, how easy will it be to get them serviced?

I have several friends with them. They all absolutely love them. My only concern is regarding longevity of the company. If the company goes under, how easy will it be to get them serviced?
I sorta feel the same way about the company, though I did buy a bunch of stock earlier this year partly as an anti-Elon move, but mostly because all the press, etc seems to suggest that they are one of the stronger companies going forward. I presume this means something as well:

Particularly given how terrible the cybertruck looks, and Elon's admitted acceptance of poor QC.

Perhaps I'll wait a few years and see how things pan out.

They are well capitalized for now. Plus Amazon still has a big stake in them. Bezos won't let Elon own the EV space alone I'm guessing. Like blue origin to SpaceX.

I kinda like the cybertruck Halo warthog look. Hoping for matte gray with blacked out windows. Rivian is great for people who just want a normal looking truck, although it's a bit smaller than i expected. SUV looks sharp, seeing more of those

But with Tesla, you never can buy first 3-6 months off the line, unfortunately. Model 3 paint issues, model Y roofs flying off etc

Last edited:
They are well capitalized for now. Plus Amazon still has a big stake in them. Bezos won't let Elon own the EV space alone I'm guessing. Like blue origin to SpaceX.

I kinda like the cybertruck Halo warthog look. Hoping for matte gray with blacked out windows. Rivian is great for people who just want a normal looking truck, although it's a bit smaller than i expected. SUV looks sharp, seeing more of those

But with Tesla, you never can bye first 3-6 months off the line, unfortunately. Model 3 paint issues, model Y roofs flying off etc
Why is it that every Tesla I see has paint already coming off the hubcap? What is up with their QC?

Why is it that every Tesla I see has paint already coming off the hubcap? What is up with their QC?
Which ones? I'm guessing it's a 3 Y issue, the more expensive S and X hasn't had those problems. They really have grown way too fast at times. CS is abysmal/non-existent in some situations

Tesla seems to take it's design cues from thunderstorms, which is perhaps why they sell so well in CA. If noone remembers what a raindrop looks like, their cars look stylish. And the cybertruck looks to be inspired by a lightning bolt or something, which is to say, not something anyone who actually needs a truck would ever want to drive.

Has anyone bought or driven a Rivian? I'm kinda interested in one.
I'm the guy from the original post. Have had multiple EVs including the Rivian R1T. Feel free to ask any questions!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
I believe that rad onc was part of an initially very lucrative physician investor rad onc "real estate venture" that basically went belly up a few years ago. They were raking it in at the beginning (millions a year) but then competitors pushed back with their own ventures, and Mr. Stark caught up with the non rad onc investors and management company.
Not exactly. I'm still practicing at the same clinic, and we never went belly up.

I'm the guy from the original post. Have had multiple EVs including the Rivian R1T. Feel free to ask any questions!
What is your preferred dose/fractionation for simple bone mets?

• Haha
  • Hmm
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users
Did you use electrify America much to long distance travel? The ones near me seemed empty/broken and read a story about it frying one rivian and making it undrivable.

Rivian is switching to the Tesla SC network now though per recent news which makes me think EA is probably dead in the water

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Did you use electrify America much to long distance travel? The ones near me seemed empty/broken and read a story about it frying one rivian and making it undrivable.

Rivian is switching to the Tesla SC network now though per recent news which makes me think EA is probably dead in the water

I have the Mach E and love it. I’ve never read about EA frying a car, but hear lots of issues with broken stations.

It is my commuter/around the city car and we have an ICE. I charge at home and occasionally at one of our centers that has a plug. For a couple months when I got it, I didn’t have a charger at home and it was kinda annoying.

Personally I think it’s too early to go all electric if you road trip or go to rural areas/mountains/etc.

Just my opinion, this is pretty controversial I think.

Unless charging gets to the point that it takes a few minutes to “refuel” like a pump, then i just don’t see it being practical for many. I could see something like hydrogen which you can “refuel” quickly being more practical. The other question is where is the energy to get hydrogen or charging coming from? Much of it still comes from fossil fuels and we are not there at all to get most of it from renewable sources.

Unless charging gets to the point that it takes a few minutes to “refuel” like a pump, then i just don’t see it being practical for many. I could see something like hydrogen which you can “refuel” quickly being more practical. The other question is where is the energy to get hydrogen or charging coming from? Much of it still comes from fossil fuels and we are not there at all to get most of it from renewable sources.
We have an EV and ICE right now, and I've yet to use a public charger in a year and a half, but of course, that's possible with 2 cars. I have a level 2 charger so doesn't take too long. But yes, if it were my only car I wouldn't have it. To your second point, I have enough solar panels to offset entirely house and EV consumption. It's pretty easy to pull of if you're willing and able to pay things up front, for example the power bill for the next 25 years or so presuming I can continue to sell excess power back to the grid for around what it costs.

I'm choosing between a 911 and r1s. Kind of polar opposites, but I'd imagine you know both. Which would you rather generally drive?
R1s is just better in daily traffic, though i now switched over to EQS/Lightning/Lucid. All EV's are superior to ICE cars for daily use. I jump in my 911 Turbo S on special occasions though. I just wouldn't commute in any gas car anymore for a litany of reasons.

Reactions: 1 users
If you own a home, charging is a non issue. Hydrogen is energy intensive to create, and the infrastructure will limit it to use in certain applications like mass transit or maybe construction vehicles. It's a non starter for the general public when BEV's are so damn good now.

EA is hit or miss. Other options will eventually supercede it, but for now, if you want to road trip an EV, Tesla is the best option, with their far superior SC network. These are the early days of electric transport, and in a decade range and charging will make ICE cars seem quaint. I am keeping my old gas cars in the collection either if they are manual transmissions, which offer a unique experience to connect with a machine, or track vehicles like the AMG GT3 from the video.