Which open house?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nobleheart

in process
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My wife and I have debated this subject and are unable to decide which school's open house/tour we should attend. The options are...Florida Institute of Technology(Melbourne, FL) Vs. PGSP(Palo Alto, CA).

The Facts:
Niether of us have been to FL or CA.
We can only afford to visit one before interviewing at each.
Only a three day trip(can't miss class.)

Any input, negative and/or positive, would be greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm a little confused... Are you accepted at both schools or just considering whether to apply there? Interviews usually give you a pretty good feel for a place, so I would save the money and skip the open house.

I guess I've heard that some people don't like Palo Alto much, so you might want to check out the area, but, again, you can do that at the interview.

IF you're interviewing at both places, I personally would not waste the time/money to visit beforehand. As amy's already stated, interview days typically give you a good feel for the place. If you're only accepted to one, then you've saved yourself some money visiting a place that you might not be going--and if you're accepted to both and still don't have a preference based upon what you learned during the day of the interview, then you can visit one after the interviews themselves. G'luck!