which pharm school are easiest to get into?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lcfan4ever

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi. I will have around a 3.1-3.4. Like a lot of students here, i'd like to really become a pharmacist, i know i am not the brightest person in the world compared to some people that i take science classes w/ and on this board. But i learned to deal w/ it.

WHich Pharm school are easiest to get into?

Also if i go to pharm school like in Wash, do i have to take a different state license exam in Cali?

thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

lcfan4ever said:
Hi. I will have around a 3.1-3.4. Like a lot of students here, i'd like to really become a pharmacist, i know i am not the brightest person in the world compared to some people that i take science classes w/ and on this board. But i learned to deal w/ it.

WHich Pharm school are easiest to get into?

Also if i go to pharm school like in Wash, do i have to take a different state license exam in Cali?

thanks.

Yes, to practice in the state of California, you will have to take (and pass) a special boards exam in CA (unless the law has been changed again...). I'm not really sure what is the "easiest" school to get into since pharmacy school is a pretty competitive field nowadays. Maybe try Hawaii (I hope this doesn't offend anyone)? Just remember that the more people know about the "easy" schools (whatever they are), the larger the applicant pool and thus the less easier (i.e. harder) they become (I'm sure you could figure this one out).

Best of luck.

PS--are you a male?

As of January of last year, California adopted the NAPLEX (like every other state), as well as the CPJE-the California Pharmacist Jurisprudence Examination. This is what's different from other states in terms of examinations...everyone else uses the MPJE-the Multistate Pharmacist Jurisprudence Examination as the "law exam".

http://www.pharmacy.ca.gov/forms/exam_info_update.pdf

At this point, no program can readily be defined as "easy" to get into. As endlesslove points out, what was once "easy" no longer is. You can try for new schools like SIUE, or University of the Incarnate Word which is supposed to start up in the Fall of 2006 (http://www.uiw.edu/pharmacy/pdadmissions.htm)
...but it's still not going to be easy. More people want to go into pharmacy these days, and will gladly matriculate into a brand, spanking new program to do just that.

By the way: University of the Incarnate Word, Feik School of Pharmacy...now that's an unfortunate name for a pharmacy school, although Dr. Feik may have been a swell guy ;) Hopefully it's pronounced "feek", not "fake".

Members don't see this ad :)
yes i am a male. Does that make any difference?

thanks for sharing about the pharm school, about to find out more about it,

Any state public school is really easy to get into. So for the state of California, it would be UCSF, USC, and UCSD. Goodluck!

I was originally gonna just post this picture...

awjeez.jpg

...but I figured Caverject would step in and tell it like it really is, anyways ;)

FYI USC is not a public school.

Caverject said:
oops! Oh well...I hears it's just as easy to het in there as UCSD and UCSF :)

:laugh: :laugh: