Which pharm school is easiest to get into?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nhangan

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! My friend wanted to ask you guys and gals what school is easiest to be accepted into for pharm and when should she apply? thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi! My friend desperately needs to know what the easiest school to apply to to be accepted? thanks

Newer schools.

The newer school, the more lenient they are (generally).

That said, I won't be naming any names just yet since those tend to turn into flame wars. =P

Search around this forum, there's a lot of threads talking about this. :thumbup:

Your friend shouldn't be overly focused on getting into the easiest school - more focus on maximizing her profile (grades, PCATs, EA's, enjoying life and not stressing out) so she doesn't have to worry. :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
HICP. ...as long as you can write a check for $35K, you're golden.

(Don't anyone accuse me of 'hating'. You all know that this is a FACT!)

mine is second to the easiest to get into...

with South University accepting anything that crawls through the door......

:rolleyes:

bbmuffin said:

Leading to the inevitable question: Is Caverject a snake, a lizard, a spider, or a cockroach? :D

LECOM - confuse them into thinking they have already accepted you. judging from their admissions staff, i'm sure this is very easy.

nhangan said:
Hi! My friend desperately needs to know what the easiest school to apply to to be accepted? thanks

The best way to get into a school is to apply early. I know a guy to get in with a 2.75 GPA at UOP.

Stay positive :cool: ...and if you have the money apply to a lot of schools to increase your chances.

Touro University
c/o 2009

LVPharm said:
Leading to the inevitable question: Is Caverject a snake, a lizard, a spider, or a cockroach? :D

:laugh:

Would anyone say South University or FAMU are easy schools to get in with sub 3.0 gpas ?

Where do I start? UCSF, UT-Austin, UNC, Temple are at the top of my head right now. I'm sure all pharmacy schools are easy to get into so it doesn't matter where you apply, as long as you have a pulse. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Here's my question goheel, have you applied to pharmacy school at all? THey really are not easy to get into, very very competitve, some more than medical school. Pharmacy schools usually only let in around 120 people per year, instead of 200+ for med school, and there are 1000 people applying per school every year. SO, basically, no it's actually quite hard to get into.

kristakoch said:
Here's my question goheel, have you applied to pharmacy school at all? THey really are not easy to get into, very very competitve, some more than medical school. Pharmacy schools usually only let in around 120 people per year, instead of 200+ for med school, and there are 1000 people applying per school every year. SO, basically, no it's actually quite hard to get into.

he is being completely sarcastic. UCSF, UT-Austin are the toughest and the most prestigeous pharmacy schools in this nation in my opinion.

kristakoch said:
:laugh: You've been had

LVPharm said:
I know what you are, but what am I???

I am one of these things!
20040218x.gif

Caverject said:
20040218x.gif

Then you are a Bunchie©

I think spiders are way cooler...you should've chosen "spider".

Caverject said:
:laugh: You've been had

Ooppssss....guess I was taken pretty bad....I haven't been around long enough to pick out the scarcasm.... ;)

bbmuffin said:
mine is second to the easiest to get into...

:rolleyes:

They have a 3-year program right? Does South require a PCAT?

Mindy510 said:
They have a 3-year program right? Does South require a PCAT?

yeah, they do

Caverject said:
I know what you are, but what am I???

20040218x.gif

I'm so happy you put that in here. I've been looking all over for that little galloping green guy, South. Some how putting "galloping green monster" into my google search didn't yield much :confused: He's saved on my hardrive now :thumbup:

I looked at U of SC's stats - I make up 25% of their out-of-state students (that's my class' stats). It has stayed pretty much the same the last 2 classes with the exception of the accepted:applicants ratio - I believe that has increased.