which pod school has the best residency placement?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DEPsiAnimus3

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys so I was wondering which pod school out of the 9 has the best rate of residency placement as this is a major factor that students should consider in picking out the best school for them in the cycle

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys so I was wondering which pod school out of the 9 has the best rate of residency placement as this is a major factor that students should consider in picking out the best school for them in the cycle

Each and every school gives you the tools to place with an excellent program. The rest is up to you.

If you do some research, you'll find the 3 schools that consistently have the highest residency placement are AZPOD, DMU, and SCHOLL.

Members don't see this ad :)
It seems to me like many schools will say they have high placement but they actually do not. For example, if a school starts with 100 students, loses 5 along the way, has 95 graduate but only 85 pass part II boards and 85 of those 85 get a residency the school will claim they have 100% residency placement. Doesn't seem like a very fair assessment to me. I agree with the previous post that you can go to any of the 9 schools, work hard, learn as much as you can and you will get placed. Every year the stats are the same... 100% of the qualified, hard working students get placed into residencies.

In that case you would call the school and ask them about their residency placement and attrition rate. I asked both of these questions during my interview. If they "don't know" or they are hesitant, then that should tell you something about that school.